The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Spoilers inside!

Title

From the product packaging: https://twitter.com/starwars/status/832229306080169984

C4v3PfKUYAAdzTq.jpg
16712065_10210352924771507_2907233916574093261_n.jpg

Looks like it's missing the rivets... thoughts?

Last edited:
Re: The Last Jedi Graflex missing rivets in the grips?

These promo pictures are never entirely accurate to whats in the film. Even more so with the box art on the toys. BUT that being said I think grips without rivets are cool, if only they had the slanted cuts like ANH. I always thought that looked slick.

These promo pictures are never entirely accurate to whats in the film. Even more so with the box art on the toys. BUT that being said I think grips without rivets are cool, if only they had the slanted cuts like ANH. I always thought that looked slick.

Promo pictures were pretty accurate for TFA, weren't they?

Hopefully we'll get some clarification in a teaser or a trailer soon!

Could also be a stunt variation. For TFA they often used one of the stunt sabers for promo pics with a lit blade. No way to know in any case since packaging pics like this are so heavily photoshopped.

It could also be a stunt saber. Several TFA promo pics used stunt sabers, antennae sticking out and everything. I wouldn't jump the gun quite yet, although any excuse to make another Graflex saber is a welcome one :D

Look at Rey's face. It's barely recognizable, which illustrates how heavily retouched this image is, and therefor, not trustworthy.

As I said on FB: In my youth I was a designer. I did a lot of packaging. "That red dot bugs me, make it darker" is literally something an art director has said to me. Packaging is made by the product developers. They are given images they can use by the studio, and from there they do what they need to. This is clearly a photoshop assembly and the black button and no rivets could have been changed because the art director, who has nothing to do with the movie, thought they were distracting.

That said, if it is representative, I dig on black buttons.

Last edited by a moderator:

It could also be a stunt saber. Several TFA promo pics used stunt sabers, antennae sticking out and everything. I wouldn't jump the gun quite yet, although any excuse to make another Graflex saber is a welcome one :D
I was just thinking the same thing[emoji38] can't wait for this movie

I wouldn't put much stock into things like this. Wait for footage or stills from the film to see what it will really look like. This could be a stunt saber or an artist's interpretation for all we know.

View attachment 707578No they weren't really, most of the time they used this stunt with the antenna at the bottom.

That was used in the movie, though :)

If it turns out even one version in the movie is missing the rivets, I'm sure as heck getting myself a replica. To me, that's significant enough to deserve a part of my collection :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back