The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Spoilers inside!

Hmm. New still of the stunt from the in-home trailer... Unfortunately it's kinda blurry :unsure

NtIcYu4.png

Digitally removed antenna and added the D-ring, probably? The antenna would kinda stick out (heh) in this scene

Doesn't seem too unlikely; they did alter... whatever this is on the bottom as well

ZiQE3zG.png

halliwax

I see you're going to be doing a "broken flex" when better screen shots are available. My impatience won't allow my to wait that long, so I'll be starting this weekend. I wanted to run this picture by you, and see if I'm seeing it right. Not the greatest quality, but it appears a portion of the clamp/clamp card is missing. I think I can make out the back of the lever, which I'm using as my reference. But I wanted to get your take on it. I've seen people cut their Graflax in half for this look, but most of what I've seen has been cut above the clamp.

broken clamp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@halliwax

I see you're going to be doing a "broken flex" when better screen shots are available. My impatience won't allow my to wait that long, so I'll be starting this weekend. I wanted to run this picture by you, and see if I'm seeing it right. Not the greatest quality, but it appears a portion of the clamp/clamp card is missing. I think I can make out the back of the lever, which I'm using as my reference. But I wanted to get your take on it. I've seen people cut their Graflax in half for this look, but most of what I've seen has been cut above the clamp.

View attachment 799448

Hey bud, I’m not doing anything until the Blu-ray comes out. I’m still skeptical about the broken flex being a 2.0

Someone is doing a small run of them on another forum. A little in accurate but I love the guts inside

011e51fa74eaca5a00b03d6b5e77ad45.jpg

98cdc4fc172a9a958551a33ec55208c5.jpg

74f8dce32d88083ce9a2c82f1840cae1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is some video on youtube from guys who made a broken flex and one of these is broken at the same position of the clamp (before the lever, at the horizontal ellipse hole) and it comes with the same inside of Halliwax last post.

Pretty cool but will wait for better screen caps too :)

Is it just me or does the hero appear to be missing the rivets in the grip notches?

sure looks like it, however in that last Kobold end-shot I can see the silver fasteners. they're very flat, remind me of rivets you get at Valu Home centers probably sourced from China. those thicker rivets on the OT sabers I have been unable to find in the wild.

With the digital release of the film so close, I might as well wait to start my broken flex. I'm sure they'll be some great shots of it pretty quickly.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back