Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Jul 16, 2017, 9:46 AM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #101

kirova said: View Post
    because blue is so hot right now!
    I was thinking it was more to do with some sort of CGI rig to hold her clothes out of the way for an under arm shot of the lightsaber handoff.

But you're right, bright blue is the new orange!

Weird that they're withholding Luke's saber by having him hold the GRAFLEX "Skywalker Saber " in the "Little Red Riding Jedi" posters!
  2. Utini! RPF Premium Member TIGCreations's Avatar
    From
    Coruscant
    Jul 16, 2017, 10:59 AM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #102

halliwax said: View Post
    SethS said: View Post
    Packaging saber debunked!
    thank god!!
    VF saber debunked too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	744516Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	152 
Size:	164.7 KB 
ID:	744515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	182.4 KB 
ID:	744517Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	744518
  3. this space left blank RPF Premium Member James Kenobi 1138's Avatar
    From
    Dallas Texas
    Jul 16, 2017, 11:18 AM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #103

James Kenobi 1138 said: View Post
    Jeez the body isn't even cold and you guys are already fighting over the inheritance.

it's just a toy box photo. An early concept photo for toys that aren't even out yet. The photo on that box is more photoshopped than a Cosmopolitan magizine cover.

You guys kill me. I'll wait for trailers and actual movie footage.
    I'm just going to leave this right here.......
    From
    Nashville, TN
    Jul 16, 2017, 1:37 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #104

matty matt said: View Post
    CGI hand?! This movie's gonna suck!!
    I know, right??!! If Mark was committed to the role he would cut that sucker off and have a real terminator hand... slacker...
    Jul 18, 2017, 1:37 AM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #105

Ridire Firean said: View Post
    Hmmmm, why is Rey's bag bright blue?
    I'm pretty sure Daisy is wearing a blue jacket over one shoulder. You can see a hood on it, with white/cream material inside of it.
    Jul 18, 2017, 9:20 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #106

Rey's Lightsaber unboxing LIVE from D23, Exclusive to D23, Episode 8, The Last Jedi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa_PU-ojc_M

7. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Jul 18, 2017, 9:40 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #107

kelliwise said: View Post
    I'm pretty sure Daisy is wearing a blue jacket over one shoulder. You can see a hood on it, with white/cream material inside of it.
    Aaaah! I see the zipper now too, now that you mention it's a coat! The inside of the removable hood read as the material of her shirt to me on first viewing and the collar as a bag strap.

Good Catch kelli, you are wise in the ways of the Force-d perspective!

I had been thinking it was that there was going to be some sort of need for them to CGI part of her during the handoff of the lightsaber for some reason or other. Now that I see it as a coat, it's Daisy Ridley's coat, not Rey's, and she's probably freezin' cold up there on the top of Skellig Michael.
    From
    Chicago
    Jul 27, 2017, 1:13 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #108

Something funny going on with the Graflex in this pic:

Source: https://starwarstheory.com/2017/07/2...-movie-images/
    From
    Madison, WI
    Jul 27, 2017, 1:29 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #109

Fighting stunt.
  10. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    From
    Raleigh, NC
    Jul 27, 2017, 1:37 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #110

Looks like they took the fabric wrapped stunt from Force Awakens and went with streamlined greeblies on a real Graflex for The Last Jedi. Those look like flat plastic or black-anodized grips, black screws/rivets, and the antenna is an entire pommel cap. Shine through glass eye as well.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jul 27, 2017, 2:29 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #111

I'm not coming back to this thread until the movie comes out or if the next trailer has a hero shot.
    Jul 27, 2017, 9:13 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #112

So I'm watching The Accountant on HBO and what pops up on the screen?

Name:	IMG_3647.JPG 
Views:	259 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	747213

I had to snap a pic. Too funny.
  13. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Jul 27, 2017, 9:19 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #113

Hey @matty matt

! That was the show-stealer for me! Best part of the movie for sure!
    Jul 27, 2017, 11:25 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #114

I'm not coming back to this thread until the movie comes out or if the next trailer has a hero shot.
    No, I think you'll come back. Just when you think you're out, they'll pull you back in.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jul 27, 2017, 11:40 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #115

Halliwax did by pointing out that the glass eye on the stunt has a glow...
    Jul 27, 2017, 11:48 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #116

@SethS do you have plans to add the TFA/TLJ sabers to the ebook?
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jul 28, 2017, 12:58 AM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #117

TFA is in there.
    TLJ, yes-- but don't expect it before the blue ray.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jul 28, 2017, 5:38 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #118

matty matt said: View Post
    So I'm watching The Accountant on HBO and what pops up on the screen?

Name:	IMG_3647.JPG 
Views:	259 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	747213

I had to snap a pic. Too funny.
    i saw this a few weeks ago, i thought it was great!

- - - Updated - - -

Halliwax did by pointing out that the glass eye on the stunt has a glow...
    sorry buddy, my bad
  19. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Jul 28, 2017, 10:20 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #119

I thought someone was going to " @SethS " for sure just to say teeheehee! @halliwax did it the hard way by finding something of interest. Way to think of a clever way to Jedi Mind Trick 'im back in here buddy!

I was hoping somebody would mention the tip being taped over instead of your typical end cone.

They must have whacked the Force out of that thing if it had one glued in originally (assuming that's really the fighting stunt as Kylash pointed out).

I wonder if the crew had to don protective eyewear during filming of the lightsaber battles for fear of flying endcones? And further, how many times they glued them back in before they gave up and just taped over the tube ends?
  20. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    From
    Raleigh, NC
    Jul 29, 2017, 5:44 AM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #120

All the stunt sabers have that end on the blades. The don't do the round or bullet tips that replica builders use.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jul 29, 2017, 10:05 AM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #121

this looks like a new stunt to me. i think the control box is gone. i wonder if all the props were reengineered by the new prop department? kylo's cross guard also looks different. granted its suppose to be the same, it still looks "off" to me

i bet they did away with the foam lining around the stunts, and made these "stunt hybrids" with flat rubber grips and no box to make things more comfortable. there is some back stage footage on TFA dvd, of rey and kylo fighting and they just have aluminum tube sabers with the stunt fx blades installed

time will tell, i do hate this new stunt though.. that black cap and the end really screws with it visually...
  22. The good-looking one;) RPF Premium Member PropReplicator2's Avatar
    From
    Abilene,TX
    Jul 29, 2017, 4:04 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #122

halliwax said: View Post
    this looks like a new stunt to me. i think the control box is gone. i wonder if all the props were reengineered by the new prop department? kylo's cross guard also looks different. granted its suppose to be the same, it still looks "off" to me

i bet they did away with the foam lining around the stunts, and made these "stunt hybrids" with flat rubber grips and no box to make things more comfortable. there is some back stage footage on TFA dvd, of rey and kylo fighting and they just have aluminum tube sabers with the stunt fx blades installed

time will tell, i do hate this new stunt though.. that black cap and the end really screws with it visually...
    I disagree with you on the last part. I think I really like the stunts just because of the grip diversity with the hero props. These will add a whole new "more noticable" look to our stunt sabers in the collection, in the sense that instead of the only differences between hero's and stunts being subtle (i.e. single screw missing, different tape, missing bolt, etc.), we get to make an entirely different and unseen set of sabers that match the screen used pieces as close as possible but also add a whole new look to our collections. But that's just my 2/100 of a dollar.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
  23. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Jul 29, 2017, 6:29 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #123

If the "stunts" are used during the filming of the lightsaber duel scenes, I really wish they'd make them less noticeably different. If this GRAFLEX TLJ Stunt shows up on film, I'm going to see that black end cap and fixate on it being different from what it's supposed to look like.

Everytime I watch TFA now, all I see is the foam grips and it takes the suspension of disbelief away from me and my movie experience suffers from it. Kind of a bummer.

It's like when Obi-Wan lowers the tip of his lightsaber in ANH during the duel against Vader and his lightsaber "blinks" out for a second, I can't believe during all of the "fixing" that went on for the Special Edition, that noone addressed that.

Speaking of OT lightsabers, I liked the thin bladed styling better than the new FAT, non-tapered blades.

And specifically with the GRAFLEX, if it hurt all of the actors hands who've ever duelled with it, why not just sand off the sharp corners? Silly Prop Master, edges are for HEROes!
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jul 29, 2017, 10:10 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #124

Don't even get me started on how lightsaber effects continually get the shaft with each new special edition. From the theatrical to the VHS, to the DVD to the Blue Ray-- they keep futzing, and they never get it right.

And honestly, doing roto-work in the digital age is criminally easy. Time-consuming, but not hard to do right.
    From
    Madison, WI
    Aug 9, 2017, 11:40 AM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets! #125

So this stunt has a kobold clip and d-ring and something over it or behind it? I don't understand what's going on there. It almost looks like back photoshop.

Name:	IMG_2237.PNG 
Views:	102 
Size:	1,013.4 KB 
ID:	750419Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2238.PNG 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	750420Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2239.PNG 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	750421
    Last edited by Kylash; Aug 9, 2017 at 11:50 AM.