The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Spoilers inside!

Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips?

Perhaps something like this?
URL]

Yes, where is this from? And why isn't it a bigger deal? This looks like it confirms the return of Luke's Second Saber and also shows a lot of significant changes. The emitter has new vent like holes and a new elevation for them to boot. And the triangle ring is 90 degrees from where it should be. Why isn't this bigger news? It matches the table from the Princes' visit. Along with the light up stunt Kylo blade. Have I missed something?

It is old news. There was even a run done by Anakin Starkiller.

Here is a link to that discussion. http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=259129&highlight=Luke+force+awakens+lightsaber

Well, there you go...

My Saber game is off. Do we know anything about it? Why it wasn't used? I mean head didn't have it in the film based on production photos. Why it was made? Which video did it appear? I've found the thread of people's completed replicas from the run but I'd love some illumination. I realise we don't have all the answers but boy do I feel out of touch...

edit: thanks for the link.

Which video did it appear?

I think it was from the "Armory" special featurette off one of the retail-exclusive blu/DVD releases.

Why it was made? I'd imagine if you're making a SW movie with Luke in it, you ask the production design team to make him a lightsaber. Why it wasn't used... that's a good question!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be dissapointed if it IS! I want the V2!

Or what would be cool, is the ISYHCANL hero but aged to take into account the 30 some odd years with some V2 like weathering.

Re: The Last Jedi Graflex missing rivets in the grips?

Exactly, this is why I'm nervous... really loved the TFA saber....

why be nervous?
anh was different than esb. if tfa is different from tlj than I would say at least the prop makers are staying consistent with driving us crazy and making us build more sabers.

I am not going to let it drive me nutz.

Thought this might help

Here's a photo of Prince William and Prince Harry visiting the set of EP8

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170218/06384f7a010c5b96e2bbbcf2883bdd60.jpg

If you look closely there's a graflex in the middle of the photo next to Kylo's saber. (Looks like the TFA Hero saber in my eyes.)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170218/c629e634331507942fdbf44f504aacd2.jpg

This is the best quality I could find it in. Anyways this could be proof that they're still using the same prop(s).

ok, I see 2 sabers on the table and 2 in a dual. whats the 2nd saber in the dual. doesn't look like the others or lukes tfa v2. is it an unpainted kylo without the crossgaurds in place or a new unseen saber

06384f7a010c5b96e2bbbcf2883bdd60.jpg

this picture with the guy in the right?

ok, I see 2 sabers on the table and 2 in a dual. whats the 2nd saber in the dual. doesn't look like the others or lukes tfa v2. is it an unpainted kylo without the crossgaurds in place or a new unseen saber

Looks like a Graflex Stunt Saber without the 'bunny ears'.

Here's another shot of them dueling:

cfe1a460f2e9e07b9372416bad8947d5.jpg

Here's a closeup on William's (guy on the right's) hilt. Notice the red button?

d7065dc2d50b035a8b8b17ae551e744e.jpg

Man, Hyperdyne! That really brings me back. I had completely forgotten about Hyperdyne and the Hyperblade!

So, it's still an LED string blade?

Man, Hyperdyne! That really brings me back. I had completely forgotten about Hyperdyne and the Hyperblade!

So, it's still an LED string blade?

That I honestly don't remember... but judging by the lighting when Finn ignited it against kylo at the end. I would have to say yes

That I honestly don't remember... but judging by the lighting when Finn ignited it against kylo at the end. I would have to say yes

Then again... battling with them would be risking with led strings...

Maybe they had both versions?

I'll be dissapointed if it IS! I want the V2!

Or what would be cool, is the ISYHCANL hero but aged to take into account the 30 some odd years with some V2 like weathering.

Yeah, the V2 would be awesome but I'm not holding out hope for that. I just don't want a totally new design or even a (gasp!) saberless Luke.

It looks like the Hyperdyne string blades are flexible tape type LEDs . They're probably a lot tougher than the soldered string blades.
Don Mac.

I didn't realize they were even still around! The website looks just like it did all those years ago.

Celebration is getting ever closer... I hope it'll clear up if they're using the TFA props or not :)

Celebration is getting ever closer... I hope it'll clear up if they're using the TFA props or not :)

U and me both buddy, so curious to what we learn today

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back