Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
    Feb 17, 2017, 10:09 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #51

Thought this might help

Here's a photo of Prince William and Prince Harry visiting the set of EP8

If you look closely there's a graflex in the middle of the photo next to Kylo's saber. (Looks like the TFA Hero saber in my eyes.)

This is the best quality I could find it in. Anyways this could be proof that they're still using the same prop(s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Feb 17, 2017, 11:08 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #52

i sure do hope they use the same props. i strongly believe kylo's cross guard survives the battle with rey, though you do see a few sparks to me it looks like she whacks the saber out of his hand by hitting the blade very hard. leaving the saber intact. below you can see the saber which looks to be still together
  3. RPF Premium Member PropReplicator2's Avatar
    From
    Abilene,TX
    Feb 17, 2017, 11:32 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #53

halliwax said: View Post
    i sure do hope they use the same props. i strongly believe kylo's cross guard survives the battle with rey, though you do see a few sparks to me it looks like she whacks the saber out of his hand by hitting the blade very hard. leaving the saber intact. below you can see the saber which looks to be still together
    http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/...ersurvive1.jpg
    Im pretty sure it survived as well. Looks like she hit the base of the blade very close the emmiter. Probably would have knocked it out of my hand too.
  4. Member Since
    Feb 2000
    From
    texas
    Feb 18, 2017, 12:15 AM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #54

Title said: View Post
    The soft stunt fx saber doesn't have them, but it's not the one on the TLJ packaging

Attachment 707995
    To me doesn't look like any of the sabers in that vid that were fx had the rivets/screws.
    From
    Orlando
    Feb 18, 2017, 12:39 AM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #55

Looks like the Maz box hero.
    Space above and below the grips....plus it looks like the Maz box hero has the brassy glass eye socket.
  6. RPF Premium Member parfaitelumiere's Avatar
    Feb 18, 2017, 7:53 AM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #56

what are these blades?
    Where to get them, looks very bright!
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Feb 18, 2017, 11:08 AM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #57

parfaitelumiere said: View Post
    what are these blades?
    Where to get them, looks very bright!
    the name escapes me now... the builder of the electronics is on this site.... i dont want to say a name until i can find it for sure. but i believe he not only supplied the electronics for the sabers but the tubes as well.. ill report back once i find it
  8. RPF Premium Member PropReplicator2's Avatar
    From
    Abilene,TX
    Feb 18, 2017, 12:12 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #58

the name escapes me now... the builder of the electronics is on this site.... i dont want to say a name until i can find it for sure. but i believe he not only supplied the electronics for the sabers but the tubes as well.. ill report back once i find it
    When you find the name you must share Danny! I'd love to talk to the builder cause wow those look amazing!
  9. Chris RPF Premium Member teecrooz's Avatar
    Feb 18, 2017, 12:39 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #59

From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Feb 18, 2017, 1:04 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #60

i thought so! i had to run out real quick, just came back and tee beat me to it. thanks buddy, i sure thought it was him!
  11. Member Since
    Mar 2016
    Feb 18, 2017, 4:32 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #61

CT1138 said: View Post
    Perhaps something like this?
    http://i.imgur.com/RBzWXMw.jpg
    Nice. Where's this photo from?
    Feb 18, 2017, 5:28 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #62

CT1138 said: View Post
    Perhaps something like this?
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/RBzWXMw.jpg[/img]
    Yes, where is this from? And why isn't it a bigger deal? This looks like it confirms the return of Luke's Second Saber and also shows a lot of significant changes. The emitter has new vent like holes and a new elevation for them to boot. And the triangle ring is 90 degrees from where it should be. Why isn't this bigger news? It matches the table from the Princes' visit. Along with the light up stunt Kylo blade. Have I missed something?
  13. Chris RPF Premium Member teecrooz's Avatar
    Feb 18, 2017, 5:33 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #63

It is old news. There was even a run done by Anakin Starkiller.

Here is a link to that discussion. http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php...ens+lightsaber
    Last edited by teecrooz; Feb 18, 2017 at 5:41 PM.
    Feb 18, 2017, 5:55 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #64

teecrooz said: View Post
    It is old news. There was even a run done by Anakin Starkiller.

Here is a link to that discussion. http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php...ens+lightsaber
    Well, there you go...

My Saber game is off. Do we know anything about it? Why it wasn't used? I mean head didn't have it in the film based on production photos. Why it was made? Which video did it appear? I've found the thread of people's completed replicas from the run but I'd love some illumination. I realise we don't have all the answers but boy do I feel out of touch...

edit: thanks for the link.
  15. RPF Premium Member veektohr's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    Feb 18, 2017, 6:14 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #65

Webberley said: View Post
    Which video did it appear?
    I think it was from the "Armory" special featurette off one of the retail-exclusive blu/DVD releases.

Why it was made? I'd imagine if you're making a SW movie with Luke in it, you ask the production design team to make him a lightsaber. Why it wasn't used... that's a good question!

Feb 18, 2017, 7:29 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #66

I'm going to be really disappointed if that thing isn't in TLJ.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Feb 18, 2017, 9:11 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #67

I'll be dissapointed if it IS! I want the V2!

Or what would be cool, is the ISYHCANL hero but aged to take into account the 30 some odd years with some V2 like weathering.
    Feb 18, 2017, 10:35 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex missing rivets in the grips? #68

Exactly, this is why I'm nervous... really loved the TFA saber....

why be nervous?
    anh was different than esb. if tfa is different from tlj than I would say at least the prop makers are staying consistent with driving us crazy and making us build more sabers.

I am not going to let it drive me nutz.
    Feb 18, 2017, 10:43 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #69

DeweySkywalker said: View Post
    Thought this might help

Here's a photo of Prince William and Prince Harry visiting the set of EP8

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f2883bdd60.jpg

If you look closely there's a graflex in the middle of the photo next to Kylo's saber. (Looks like the TFA Hero saber in my eyes.)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4f504aacd2.jpg

This is the best quality I could find it in. Anyways this could be proof that they're still using the same prop(s).

ok, I see 2 sabers on the table and 2 in a dual. whats the 2nd saber in the dual. doesn't look like the others or lukes tfa v2. is it an unpainted kylo without the crossgaurds in place or a new unseen saber
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Feb 18, 2017, 11:02 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #70

this picture with the guy in the right?
    Feb 18, 2017, 11:10 PM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #71

kevin926 said: View Post
    ok, I see 2 sabers on the table and 2 in a dual. whats the 2nd saber in the dual. doesn't look like the others or lukes tfa v2. is it an unpainted kylo without the crossgaurds in place or a new unseen saber
    Looks like a Graflex Stunt Saber without the 'bunny ears'.

Here's another shot of them dueling:

Here's a closeup on William's (guy on the right's) hilt. Notice the red button?

From
    Atlanta, GA
    Feb 19, 2017, 10:15 AM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #72

Man, Hyperdyne! That really brings me back. I had completely forgotten about Hyperdyne and the Hyperblade!

So, it's still an LED string blade?
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Feb 19, 2017, 10:21 AM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #73

Dann said: View Post
    Man, Hyperdyne! That really brings me back. I had completely forgotten about Hyperdyne and the Hyperblade!

So, it's still an LED string blade?
    That I honestly don't remember... but judging by the lighting when Finn ignited it against kylo at the end. I would have to say yes

From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Feb 19, 2017, 10:21 AM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #74

That I honestly don't remember... but judging by the lighting when Finn ignited it against kylo at the end. I would have to say yes

Then again... battling with them would be risking with led strings...

Maybe they had both versions?

Feb 19, 2017, 11:41 AM - Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips? #75

SethS said: View Post
    I'll be dissapointed if it IS! I want the V2!

Or what would be cool, is the ISYHCANL hero but aged to take into account the 30 some odd years with some V2 like weathering.
    Yeah, the V2 would be awesome but I'm not holding out hope for that. I just don't want a totally new design or even a (gasp!) saberless Luke.