The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Spoilers inside!

What's with the double notched grip, there? Anyone else see that?
Yeah, they look symmetrical. Also, does anyone else see that metallic thing up top - what the heck is *that*?

hero_41.jpg

So I've been looking at pictures of the TLJ saber. It looks like grips end closer the clamp, compared to the TFA saber.

So I've been looking at pictures of the TLJ saber. It looks like grips end closer the clamp, compared to the TFA saber.

There is always very little play in the bottom tubes

Though the grips may touch the clamp, we don’t know of the tube is extended all the way out, or is just pushed in

The latest in the wild display version vs. the white glove Graflex...

None of the marring and aging is on the white glove version. I don't think they are the same-- but I don't think that's anything of note when display sabers, on-screen-sabers, and BTS sabers can easily be different and we know there was likely more than one hero used.

The white glove is so pristine, it has to have been buffed up. It looks this way in some shots (Porg shot, pre-splitting) but it looks aged and worn as normal in others (in Luke's hands). I'm starting to think that maybe the clean one is CG, and this white glove version was the hyper-clean Graflex used to scan or be used as reference for a CG model.

compare2.jpg

I wonder if we could get some 4K shots of the saber when it's in Rey's bag, right before she pulls it out to practice with it. It almost looks like it may have foil on the bottom similar to the awesome-con saber

So is everyone still thinking 88mm for TLJ grips? The only reason I asked is I just got some grips from TCSS which are 91mm long. They seem to match whats on the screen a lot better.

20180402_195826.jpg

20180402_195734.jpg

Vintage bottoms vary, and the slide in and out, making for measurements that come out iffy sometimes.

It was suggested I post the pictures took of the Graflex displayed at Awesomecon DC this year. I think its interesting to compare with this Empire October 2017 cover discussed earlier. Looks like that one had some rust on the bunny ear ring, as well.

IMG_2230 (1).jpgIMG_2223.jpgIMG_2221.jpgIMG_2289.jpgIMG_2232.jpgIMG_2230.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2346.jpg
    IMG_2346.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2344.jpg
    IMG_2344.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2390.jpg
    IMG_2390.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_2388.jpg
    IMG_2388.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2362.jpg
    IMG_2362.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_2411.jpg
    IMG_2411.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 131
Another thing to mention Seth is the glass eye in TLJ, has more knurling removed then the graflex in TFA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back