The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Spoilers inside!

Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets!

Seth u the man!! U sure that isn’t writing?! !!!???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hero saber in TLJ appears to me to be the same Hero prop we see in TFA (smooth brass eye, same grip length/placement, same end cap cover, etc..).

Based on the prop shots we’ve already seen from TFA I think the Graflex end cap writing is fully covered and not showing (my opinion and observations) but we won’t know for sure until either set photos come out or on the Blu-ray. It certainly was fully covering the end cap at the end of TFA.

Seth u the man!! U sure that isn’t writing?! !!!???

...yes?

cap.jpg

Your shattering my dreams buddy ..... ;)

This thread is inspiring me to get a Graflex. Starting to get excited about the idea.

Regardless of my opinion of episode 8.

I'm having a hard time deciding between Roman's, the Graflex Shop, or holding out for a nice vintage 3 cell flash.
Roman's new Graflex replica is the bee's knees. I own a graflex shop, vintage, and Roman's first and second Graflex replicas. I've got to say, the second gen Romanflex is the best bang for the buck as far as accuracy to dollars goes. If you plan on going the fx route, however, the Graflex shop replica is the way to go. If money is no option, go vintage.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Roman's new Graflex replica is the bee's knees. I own a graflex shop, vintage, and Roman's first and second Graflex replicas. I've got to say, the second gen Romanflex is the best bang for the buck as far as accuracy to dollars goes. If you plan on going the fx route, however, the Graflex shop replica is the way to go. If money is no option, go vintage.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Well said!

I'm looking forward to when TLJ bluray comes out to get a better look at this beauty.

I hope this isn't considered a thread hijack but I have a vintage question. Is there an RPF thread or other resource somewhere that discusses what to look for when buying a vintage Graflex 3 cell flash? If I spend the extra money I want to make sure I end up with the right thing that isn't too rusty or too damaged, etc.

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=144206

Last edited by a moderator:

wow

just saw on ebay where some TLJ Graflex is currently bidding at $27k!

not sure if someone has typed an extra 0 when they placed their bid, or if there is something special about this particular flash that I can't see............

search for "Vintage Graflex 3 Cell Lightsaber & Display The Force Awakens/The Last Jedi"

edit:

looks like someone indeed typed an extra 0, looking at the bid history:

d***o(173)
$2,700.0030 Dec 2017 at 9:07:00PM PST

then

1***1(23)
$27,100.0031 Dec 2017 at 3:21:03AM PST

but this guy must REALLY want this saber:

e***_(369)
$27,000.002 Jan 2018 at 1:01:16PM PST
e***_(369)$26,000.002 Jan 2018 at 12:56:52PM PST
e***_(369)$24,000.002 Jan 2018 at 12:56:29PM PST
e***_(369)$20,000.002 Jan 2018 at 12:55:46PM PST

Last edited:

That saber is done by east coast sabers. I saw this weekend it was 2,700.

If the buyer really pays... holy hell. I’m going to make one and throw it up on the eBay... damn

Matthew (East Coast Sabers dude) has said in the FB group he is VERY dubious about the bids. Every sabersmith out there wants that Master Yoda level of success, but he's no fool.

holy hell. I’m going to make one and throw it up on the eBay... damn

You and me both buddy!

It's also one of Martin Beyer / Graflex Sabers' Metal Master Chassis.

Here's one of his that sold last year for $20,227.10....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Fan...ZpivPJ3K2wKKZyVDaxfik%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

If you could sell one or two of these per year, you could quit your day job!

It's very similar to some of Goth-3D's Master Chassis that you can print in metal at Shapeways. I get the two confused all the time.

he is VERY dubious about the bids.

I miss the old days of eBay when you could see the other bidder's previous auction wins. It gave you an idea of how much they were willing to come out of pocket for a particular item!

I hope they're real bids, because it would be fantastic for the 'art' of sabersmithing, but if it is...is it a bunch of Saudi Princes that just saw Star Wars for the first time?

I'm very curious to know who's spending that amount of money on lightsabers of this build quality, and how often they're doing so.

Yes the MB chassis I think is the best chassis on the market, his metal chassis is a little over 1k... take into account the vintage graflex and over parts u can be into this build for 3k.... that is one hell of a profit margin...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back