The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Spoilers inside!

Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets!

Cant believe the weird grip stunt made it into the new poster.

So rather than make a separate post I'll ask this here and hopefully it's not out of place. I'm trying to build up an accurate static (at least for the moment) Graflex of the TFA(and I assume)TLJ Hero/Finn/Rey saber. I'm picking up pieces but I'm unclear on what is the one best/most accurate clamp card. I've seen slothfurnace (though there are multiple options) suggested over wannawanga, then I've seen wannnawanga supposedly being better and then skywampa added into the mix... They all look good in their own way but can anyone first hand or by good account suggest to me the best of the lot for this version? I think I'm good on the rest. Thanks!

Last edited:

If I’m doing a TFA conversion Roy at wannawanga is what I’m going with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was planning on getting most of the parts there and was originally just going to pick this up as well but then there seemed to be a lot of suggestion the other way so didn't know if another was more accurate or just preference.

I think sloth's looks maybe too opaque? Not sure I can see a difference between wannawanga's and skywampa's though so with getting the other parts from WW anyway if nothing suggests otherwise and with your suggestion I'll probably go that route. :)

Last edited:

To date no one has made a 100% accurate TFA hero style clamp card. Sloth's is enig on opaque pcb material, but is not film-accurate transparent. Skywampa and Roy's cards are printed gold on acrylic instead of enig on pcb material. Patrice was going to do a run of enig on AL203 but it was too costly. Last I heard from Roy he has not pursued that option as of yet.

Ah thanks with you mentioning that I think I remember seeing that run, too bad it didn't happen. :( I may for the time being go with the best there is as it's one thing that's easy enough to change if a better one comes along, assuming there is nothing better in the works.

I have both Sloth and Roy's TFA cards and it's honestly very difficult to say which one is best as they both have pros and cons. If you want a placeholder to swap out later you could save $5 and go with Roy's card. Really both cards are great, you can't lose either way.

I've started building up the TLJ saber Gallery on the Graflex Bank! List may not be completely accurate, I'll keep updating it over the next several months :)

http://graflexbank.com/viiigallery.html

Did I miss any images? I imagine I missed a good few.

Will start working on the information pages tomorrow

New pic for the lightsaber released on the new posters:
rNcbGJz.png

I can't tell. Some of it tells me yes, some of it just says fancy photoshop.

I sure wouldn’t mind hanging that on my wall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://graflexbank.com/viiigallery.html

I've been trying to sort out all the saber versions seen in trailers and behind the scenes clips.. How'd I do?

So far I've got (pictures of all in link above):

* Hero prop
* Detailed FX stunt
* Simplified FX stunt
* Simplified stunt with normal grips
* A stunt used in training
* 3 different sabers yet to be sorted. I think one of them might be "FX Stunt [TRAINING]", though

And I also threw together all the magazine appearances, just 'cus

PS, if you hadn't seen it, they uploaded a BTS training featurette, but for some reason it's unlisted. Here's the link, it shows a few different saber props throughout https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-py2awmME8s

Got another grab just now
935830a034320c5bd3850cc780098013.jpg

No bunny ears on this smoothflex

I've seen two stunts, one with a gold rectangle painted on and one with a low-profile box.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back