Poe, Rey, and Finn's Costumes in The Last Jedi

CORRECTION! There IS indeed a vertical center seam as seen on the action figure. There are also rear side seams, but not quite as defined as princess seams.

Received my jacket on March 6th. I'm very happy with the jacket. I ordered the waxed cotton version. Here's the same review I left on Indy's website:

First, I want to just comment on the jacket as a garment. This could be a good everyday jacket that one could wear out with a subtle nod to the franchise. It was constructed with a sturdy cotton material which looks similar to the costume swatch cards that have been circulating. It has the feel of a nice work jacket that was built to take some stress, but not with a heavy feel. The jacket is fully lined with a polished cotton body and a smoother rayon type lining in the sleeves (I'm not a garment expert so I could be wrong on the materials). I requested inside pockets be put in, which was met with no extra charge. The stitching seems to be well done and matches the requirements for screen accuracy which will be discussed below. Time from order to receipt was December 29th 2017 and I received it on March 6th 2018.

I went down the listing of approved standards set forth by the Rebel Legion for a movie accurate costume and this jacket meets all the criteria set forth. The only detractor, for lack of better terms, is that I wanted a more of a "sheen" to it. I can see that there is some sign of waxing done to the material, but not enough to give the shine that leads one to believe it is a leather jacket. This, however, may be a good thing. Having worked with waxing material for a Kylo Ren costume, waxing can be a pain. Recipients of this jacket may or may not want to apply more wax depending on what you purchase this jacket for.

If you want to go for RL approval, I would recommend this jacket with caveat that you will need to add fabric wax to give it a "sheen" as required by the RL standards. I used Otter Wax and with about an hour of work the jacket looks great!

Before and after waxing indoors natural light, no flash:

WdcwNCg.jpg

Indoors curtains drawn, with flash:
YmsMiIy.jpg

Here's the whole thing put together. I was approved by the Rebel Legion on Tuesday, March 13th.
cQCtJwm.jpg

WdcwNCg.jpg

YmsMiIy.jpg

cQCtJwm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We've already sent your before-and-after photos to our team to improve the waxing on future jackets. You did a great job with it!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back