Gloss Black sprays

RockitScience

Hi all,

Just wondered which rattle can paints have given you the best gloss black finish as I am looking to buy some for R1 Death Trooper armour. I understand it also comes down to primer, even coats, etc but I'd just like to know which paints have proved most reliable for gloss.

Thanks!

~edit~
I will be using the paint on plastic primer.

Last edited:
I've found that I could never achieve that perfectly smooth finish with rattle cans without wet sanding, clear coating, wet sanding, and polishing, regardless of paint brand.

Dunno if that helps, but in any case, if you want it perfectly smooth, you'll have to use a little elbow grease and do some polishing.

I was planning to do so, but I will make sure I do now. Haven't heard of using a clear coat between wet sanding before though, I'll have to try that out!

not sure if it will be available in your location, but i use either "BOSNY" or RJ London" both are acrylic epoxy paints, if surface is properly primered smoothly it really produces a nice finish.

I know that the prep work is very important to achieve a very good surface/finish. I found that sometimes, picking a flat black paint and then spraying a clear gloss on top of it, has brought better results for me. It's a bit like those 2 in 1 shampoo (you know: shampoo and conditioner combo; it never really washes you hair and never really condition it). Kinda the same with paint. It's generally better to pick a normal paint (from a renowned brand) and then choosing your high gloss from the same brand...my 2 cents ;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back