Proto Rocket firing Boba Fett stolen from Philip Wise´s collection

Is his screenname IrishJedi - who was recently banned at Astromech. He's selling all his collectibles at the Sideshow freaks Forums. Good Prices and a lot of stuff.

I think RPF member: IrishJedi is a guy named Todd. His facebook page says Todd Kelly, so that is probably not him.

This individual has now been removed from our community.

...and just to be clear, IrishJedi (on the RPF) is not the same IrishJedi that has been banned from the other sites.

JediCarl is the RPF member that has been banned.

I come very late on this, so sad that such good peolple, that dedicate so much to the collection cause, get circumvented like this!!!
We always are driven by our enthusiasm on our hobby, and always keen on thinking everybody around us share the same ideals in a genuine way, just to wake up all of a sudden finding out that it wasn't like we used to think!
I totally understand which could be Steve Sansweet's feelings!

Rancho ObiWan was one of my very first discoveries when I started collecting and has always been an inspiration! Hope to visit some day!

I'm really glad that the thief got caught! Hope he gets what he deserves!

Regards,

Alberto

Holy moly! I hope this guy goes to prison for years.

"In most cases, the offense of grand theft in California is a wobbler. This means that the prosecutor may choose to charge you with either misdemeanor or felony grand theft.

The maximum potential sentence for misdemeanor grand theft is up to one (1) year in county jail.

For felony grand theft, you may be sentenced to sixteen (16) months, two (2) years, or three (3) years of incarceration."

I got the above from a law site. To further bad news.....dirtbag might only get hit with only one count of Grand Theft. for each person he stole from. It goes like this: If he was stealing slowly from say Ranch Obiwon, it doesnt matter if its $1,000 or $100,000 total, the defense can claim it was part of an 'overall scheme' to steal from that person. Now if the DA can prove he did this to three people, then he will get hit with three charges for grand theft. The 'overall scheme' is the language thats the barrier to sending him away for years.

It gets worse. With the current overcrowding in California jails, and non violent nature of his crimes, there is a good chance he will never see the inside of a jail cell and be put on probation with restitution.

"In most cases, the offense of grand theft in California is a wobbler. This means that the prosecutor may choose to charge you with either misdemeanor or felony grand theft.

The maximum potential sentence for misdemeanor grand theft is up to one (1) year in county jail.

For felony grand theft, you may be sentenced to sixteen (16) months, two (2) years, or three (3) years of incarceration."

I got the above from a law site. To further bad news.....dirtbag might only get hit with only one count of Grand Theft. for each person he stole from. It goes like this: If he was stealing slowly from say Ranch Obiwon, it doesnt matter if its $1,000 or $100,000 total, the defense can claim it was part of an 'overall scheme' to steal from that person. Now if the DA can prove he did this to three people, then he will get hit with three charges for grand theft. The 'overall scheme' is the language thats the barrier to sending him away for years.

It gets worse. With the current overcrowding in California jails, and non violent nature of his crimes, there is a good chance he will never see the inside of a jail cell and be put on probation with restitution.

The total so far, exceeds $500,000...just sayin'

Been following these sad news online and on FB. Such a sickening thing to do, steal from your friends - some people definitely don't have any honor. :(

Glad he has been caught and gets what he deserves!

This has just been devastating news for those who thought they knew Carl and called him a friend--moreso for Mr. Sansweet, Mr. Wise and countless other victims of his actions. I know Carl as a casual acquaintance but he always seemed a very nice fellow. We did cosplay groups at DragonCon and had him over my home for parties a few times. As more details surfaced he had apparently been suspect of cash thefts within my circle of friends. It's obvious that Carl had been systemic and planned the thefts at Rancho-Obi Wan and at Mr. Wise's Texas Warehouse with the intent to gain something from them. As recently as February he was touting the purchase of a Prime 1 Batman statue which isn't chump change and can only wonder what stolen items will never be seen again because of his need to profit and grow his own personal collection. I also wonder how far his 'not guilty' plea will take him. As a dad myself, I am further sickened by the thought of what he's put his own kids through.

May justice be served to the fullest but there are no winners in this mess.

Last edited:
I don't know anyone that was involved with this however, it's just all bad. No matter how we look at it. I am a member of all 3 forums mentioned, and I believe I have seen Irish jedi in post conversation.

The trust issue sucks and will always be there. The only thing that can come out of this is a renewed lack of trust and reluctance to share our collections with those we meet on forums like these.

A hustler does the job once and their gone
A con man can come and go as they please

Cameras will be my newest addition to my collection

Very sorry to read these post in all 3 forums

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back