Black Series Poe helmet by Hasbro

Classic X-Wing would have been an excellent tie-in for Rogue One. It still baffles me that as simple as the originals were, that there isn't a simple kit out for both the Stormtrooper and X-Wing Pilot. That should have been a no-brainer a LONG time ago.

Definitely getting one. Hopefully it'll be out before Episode VIII. Replacing/recoloring the lining should be too terrible. Just hope it fits my noggin.

Lining makes the whole inside and front parts a bit fatter than they should be, but still awesome. Totally didnt see this coming. I assumed theyd do a DeathTrooper or First Order trooper first.

Unexpected but very cool! A classic X-Wing next would be even better. These Black Series helmets are just great for the price. You never feel bad to mod or tweek them!

Any chance the liner color could be different in Ep 8?

That's what I'd been thinking. It's possible that this helmet is Poe's Episode 8 helmet, not Episode 7, and the color of the lining could have changed in the movie.

Whatever the case, if it's the right size and looks as good as it appears to be, I'd definitely be interested in picking one up and repainting it. Been wanting to do a Snap Wexley costume and this helmet would definitely be cheaper than most of the prop-makers. The electronics sound pretty neat, too, assuming they work. :)

Dammit. Lightsabers and blasters have got my budget strained for the year. I don't even want a Poe helmet, but those pictures are gorgeous.

This is interesting. E8 toy packaging

7e4fb76d0c31688101ba4a594827d86f.png

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The profile of the visor housing on the toy packaging matches the Hasbro helmet, and is a little different from the TFA helmet. Interdasting. Seems they wanted to tone down how sticky-uppy it was.

Prop Store version (which was pretty movie accurate to TFA):
85a349216b3ab4936746ab0659e88496.jpg

Hasbro version (which seems to match the toy packaging for TLJ):

1e55186728ff0ba4475a80236e77a99e.jpg

Last edited:
I see a couple details that make me think that this is in fact a tlj version. Hopefully the lining color is due to this.

Given the Rogue One Stormtrooper helmet's Amazon-exclusive Battlefront Shadow Trooper variant... I'm wondering if there will be any repaints of this offered as exclusives anywhere...

--Jonah

It seems like almost no props stay the same from film to film. I'm sure there are multiple reasons including intentional changes because the new people want a slightly different look and also simply not caring about small details. I was expecting them to just pack away many of the props and reuse them on the next film. Apparently that wasn't done.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back