John Wick 2 Blood Oath Marker

Guys... You're all overreacting. They said they made something they're happy with. Isn't that all that matters?

Chronicle Collectibles is a company of collectors and prop makers with a shared vision of recreating and bringing Hollywood’s most iconic props to life. All of our products are molded, cast or grown from the original puppets, props, studio molds, sculptures and digital files provided by the incredible licensors and talented artists that we have the pleasure of working with.
Our team consists of expert designers, professional sculptors, painters and graphic designers. Each excels in his or her field of film FX, automotive, toy and collectibles design, and several bring 20 years or more of professional art experience to Chronicle Collectibles.
In addition to our expertise, we at Chronicle Collectibles also invest our time, our personal collections and our own money to bring these products and original artworks to collectors like you. We hope you enjoy our accurate, museum-quality work and enjoy them for many years to come. :)

- - - Updated - - -

My version has a more visible but therefore possibly more effective hinge. It has the triangles in the right place on the fingerprint area. But the other details are approximated. Some of the details we Haven't mentioned are going to be more accurate for official piece. Just for fun, I will look into options in the new year. I'm very busy for the Holidays.

If your are up for it! put me down for one.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I come up with something, I'll still go with the no texture in the fingerprint area, but I'll fix the border on mine so it looks more like the "rope" border of this marker. And I need to make some minor changes to the crown.

Last edited:
g8PxwTB.gif

Jokes aside, if what they claim is true and that none of the props had any hinge their replica is sketchy on both levels : not accurate to the real props and not accurate to the "movie effect" shown on screen.
I don't mind they went for their own interpretation, but they should have stated that clearly in the description. And if they went all the way to modify the design to allow the door to open at least do it properly so the door actually opens.
It's not the end of the world but quite disappointing on such a good looking item. I hope they'll make a 2.0 version for John Wick 3.

https://i.imgur.com/g8PxwTB.gif

Jokes aside, if what they claim is true and that none of the props had any hinge their replica is sketchy on both levels : not accurate to the real props and not accurate to the "movie effect" shown on screen.
I don't mind they went for their own interpretation, but they should have stated that clearly in the description. And if they went all the way to modify the design to allow the door to open at least do it properly so the door actually opens.
It's not the end of the world but quite disappointing on such a good looking item. I hope they'll make a 2.0 version for John Wick 3.

Loving your work! :lol
You're right it's not the end of the world. But someone dropped the ball big time! :facepalm

https://i.imgur.com/g8PxwTB.gif

Love the subtitles, but to be fair, they pan up and could have easily done a swap with an open marker before he brings it back into frame. (right in between his "Listen to me" and "what is this" lines.) "Movie Magic" can sometimes be just as simple as regular magic.... all just slight of hand, smoke and mirrors, etc... So Chronicle could be right.

Could be.

Either way, their marketing seems to have given us the slip. The product does not match the description, pictures, prototype or screen. Looks like fans lost out on this one.

Wick Marker Pic 3.jpg...Wick Marker Pic 4.jpg....Wick Marker Pic 5.jpg

Okay, here's the new sculpt. You'll notice the text is a little beefy...but this item is made to be printable by Shapeways Rhodium plated or Brass.

If you print in one of these metals, this will have a VERY hefty weight to it. Price would be a fortune to do it, but it is doable.

The skull has the lines in it from the John Wick concept art website. The smooth skull looks a little plain. I'll probably post both variations.

I think this came out very nice.

A couple of triangles ?

Or if you want to fix the hinge, you'd have to dig out that hole and remove the existing pin from the hinge. And then make a new hinge. I don't really see fixing the hinge as being doable.

If the chronicle pieces are not accurate, then do we have enough interest here to do a run? I know I would get two!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would definitely be in for an accurate Marker. Very disappointed in Chronicle's. At the moment it's better than having nothing, but I'd love to have one that's a better representation.

What is all not accurate on the chronicles one?

The Chronicles' is close. Really, it's not bad. It's missing the 2 triangles on the fingerprint area at the 3 and 9 o'clock areas. It has a prominent texture on the fingerprint area that is not there in the close up we have of an actual screenshot from the movie. Apparently, the texture was used in one of the props, but not the Hero prop as it were. They show the hinge as opening in the movie, but the Chronicle lid doesn't open very far. The lid functionality is kinda a big deal. Not opening can be disappointing.

Wick Marker Pic 6.jpg

I updated the vines and skull, and this is the bare skull (no cracks) as seen in the Chronicle's marker.

Hey, if you keep fine tuning your awesome design, the you need to go ahead and do an actual run!! LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rhodium is possible from Shapeways, but it's around $550 to print it. I was trying to make it printable in steel, but the hinge was giving me fits, and steel is not perfectly smooth. It would require extreme efforts to try and smooth out the texture of the steel.

Any company that casts metal would still be several hundreds of dollars at least.

I'm not seeing a cost effective solution. For myself, I'm looking into steel based filament for my 3D printer. From what I've read, partially steel based filament is very hard to work with and is only somewhat heavier than ordinary filament. I've bought a couple different filaments and will see what comes out nicest. I've also heard that it's hard to get a true metallic shine out of metal filament, so I may be chasing a wild goose anyway. ;)

Are you saying Rhodium is not an option because of price or the material is not suitable for a great final Prop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back