John Wick 2 Blood Oath Marker

So I inquired to Chronicle about the "air bubble".

Turns out this is where the hinge pin is inserted. Some have obviously been cleaned up better than others. Looking at mine again, this is very apparent.

So it's not a defect, just a poorly (on some) hidden hinge pin.

That said, I still think it's a nice piece, just maybe not worth the $100 entrance fee.

The thing is, it might be from a screen used piece but they may have been just using a stunt version. If there's no need for the top to open and they don't want the lovely detailed metal version to get dropped on the floor and possibly break, then they give the actor the solid hockey puck cast in rubber/foam to pass over and boom, that's now a screen used piece Might be the one from the beginning of the movie where it's slid across a table, might be from the scene where it's being handed over. We'll never know unless the company tells us, and more than likely they don't know because this sort of thing isn't really kept in records during a shoot..

Might not be the one we were hoping for, but there's lots of hero props and lots of stunt copies for pretty much anything in a high budget film.

I got mine, and while I'm a little annoyed there's no needle/spike it's still cool enough for me. I hate that it can't open fully but it's not like they emailed me and asked me about it.

Chris

I know where your coming from but there really is no excuse for not using the Hero prop in any commercial venture like this. They go to all the trouble of getting the rights, setting up the manufacturing process etc but dont bother to check a few frames of film and identifying the Hero prop or insist at the very least that the Hero be used? Especially with this piece, its only on screen very briefly.

Im still looking forward to getting this but I have to modify it and I should`nt have to.

The main thing stopping me from buying it at the moment is the hinge not opening 90 degrees. Might pick it up in a sale down the road.

The one they previewed at Comic Con opened properly and had the blood in the marker

Yes, here I am using brief and partial screen shots, and my "FILE" has the triangles in the right space on the fingerprint area. They had better resources and still didn't get this detail right. :facepalm

They're defending it on twitter by saying they're happy with it. Like that was the goal. Make something they're happy with, not accurate. I don't think it's bad enough to get very upset over, but I do find their reasoning strange.

Very disappointing to see a company take MONTHS to get a product out, only to not have it match what was promised, and then be shady about the details. While I am glad I cancelled my order, its sad to see others be let down by the final product.

How does it compare to the CostumeBase version I wonder? - they seem to work out about the same price if you take out some of the cost for the 4 coins that come with it.

How does it compare to the CostumeBase version I wonder? - they seem to work out about the same price if you take out some of the cost for the 4 coins that come with it.
I just looked at a few pictures of the CostumeBase marker, it's wrong on so many levels...

I am puzzled by the tweet by Chronicle. They used "files"? Like 3D print files? What about "cast directly from the screen used props"? And they had access to all the different markers and went to make theirs accurate to none?
I find it strange to decide to make a replica with the same features as the prop seen close-up but not accurate to the prop seen close-up. With that kind of reasoning they could have done it blue and still be proud of it.

On another note, before placing my preorder I asked for a shipping quote to Japan. I was told about $20. When the final invoice came it was $41.
Even if I am happy with the marker when I finally have it in hand, I won't buy from Chronicle again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine yesterday. I'm happy with it although like others, I wish the lid would open to a 90 degree angle. Mine has the hinge pin "hole" but it's been filled in and sanded/polished and is not noticeable unless you're looking for it. I think overall that it's a good prop that could have been great with just a few minor tweaks by Chronicle.

PS: If anyone has ideas on materials for a fingerprint insert that would drop in easily, please chime in.

Last edited:
I'm still willing to buy the coins off anyone that is less than pleased with their Chronicle marker and wants to recoup some money. [emoji4]

I'm starting to think the missing triangle piece was to keep the door from closing at a crooked angle more than anything

Jintosh, Any chance of you producing your version of the marker? They say "The devil is in the detail!"

My version has a more visible but therefore possibly more effective hinge. It has the triangles in the right place on the fingerprint area. But the other details are approximated. Some of the details we Haven't mentioned are going to be more accurate for official piece. Just for fun, I will look into options in the new year. I'm very busy for the Holidays.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back