My Rubies Darth Vader conversion -ANH inspired.

Great stuff! Where did you get the chain for the cape? I'm sure someone has answered that questions somewhere but I saw yours and figured I'd ask

IMG_6702.jpgSo this is where I am at right now. Reworking the shape of the chestarmor. I have been paying close attention to the reference images. I may have gone a bit too wide on the centre strip. Hope to finish this tomorrow. Still have to get the horseshoe shaped marks out again and smooth the thing out. But I like where I am at right now.
As you may have noticed I took a part of the strip off on the top. I went through various images of Kermit Eller wearing the ANH suit and noticed that on the original there was a chunk missing on top that seemed to have been used as a rest for the helmet edge. (not on the screenused suit, but it seems to function well :)

I went to a paint shop locally and took the tusk off my EFX helmet, they are going to match the gun metal grey and put it into an aerosol so I can repaint the chest armor :). I couldn't find a GMG that matched the helmets so this will be a better solution. Also ordered the buttons and lights missing for the chest and beltboxes :) Some really exciting updates coming up on this.

Attachments

• IMG_6702.JPG
    IMG_6702.JPG
    788.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Darctic,
I hope you were at least courtious enough to allow Mr. Vader to freshen up a bit before intruding on his visit to the restroom.. ;)
That looks good though, I like it and while my Vader project is just getting underway and my allotted budget is all but used up for the meantime, do you mind my asking about who/where the best place would be to source the chest/belt boxes from, when that time comes?

~ Jeff

Darctic,
I hope you were at least courtious enough to allow Mr. Vader to freshen up a bit before intruding on his visit to the restroom.. ;)
That looks good though, I like it and while my Vader project is just getting underway and my allotted budget is all but used up for the meantime, do you mind my asking about who/where the best place would be to source the chest/belt boxes from, when that time comes?

~ Jeff
Hard to say, up to your preference really! I joined the sithlord detachment forum to get browse what is available, perhaps you could do the same :)

Darctic,
after looking around a bit, I purchased the chest and belt boxes from Portumac prop studios.
I'd post pictures of them, but I don't want to use his without first having permission to do so. Once I receive them, I'll post pictures for anyone who might be interested.
I do appreciate the reply and advise though, enjoy the day my friend!

~ Jeff

Any updates? Did you use apoxie sculpt or some other material on the chest armor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used something called quickplastic on the chestarmor and used filler putty as well. I painted it up but it went all awry so I tried to finish it off with the last bit of gunmetal I had left.

OMG have there been updates! So I last left this project here in April. Now four months later this is what my display looks like.

I replaced almost all rubies items at this point.. except for the chestarmor/capes and shinguards. I will replace the chestarmor over the next few weeks.
pPqcA3C.jpgMg5SvHn.jpgUIiUm5k.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-9676.jpg
    IMG-9676.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG-9671.JPG
    IMG-9671.JPG
    750.1 KB · Views: 298
Where did you get the helmet and the armor at?
Oh I forgot to say. The armor is Shadow FX FMK as anarchy designs ( bought it secondhand from someone ) and the helmet is heavily modified EFX PCR :)

Leathers are fenix, chestbox is a copy off the original one. Belt is made by a very talented guy in Sweden and so is the codpiece. Beltboxes were made by 9142 props & armory on etsy, and the lights are the same as the originals, as well as the mesh in the beltbox.

Buckle and the beltbox knobs are by Dark-side in Italy.
Cape and robes are Anovos.

What boots were you using when this was mainly the Rubies setup and what are you using now?

This looks awesome by the way. Did when this project started and even better now.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back