My Spiderman Homecoming Homemade Suit Build

Nicely done! What did you do with the goggles so that the strap doesn't show on the outside? Wear the goggles underneath and then cut bigger holes in the face mask so that the goggles can pop out?

Yep! I just cut holes about two thirds of the size of the goggle lenses, and stretched the fabric over. I'm the end I had to hot glue the holes around the rim of the eye cup, but it works pretty well. 20170427_195205.jpg

Awesome build! Really like your lenses! The undershirt on the official suit looks pretty slim fitting. Reminds me of thermal underwear more than a thick sweatshirt. Anyone have luck finding an exact match yet?

Thanks!! And I agree, it's definitely not baggy like a normal sweatshirt, but it looks thicker than an under armor type shirt

I don't think this has been mentioned on here yet ( I apologize if it has ) But Hot Toys will be releasing a 1/6th scale figure of Spidey in his homemade outfit for those interested. The reason I'm bringing this up is there are now close ups of the goggles and web shooters for better reference in case for those who want them as accurate as possible.
Spider-Man-Homecoming-Hot-Toys-Homemade-Suit-Version-Figure-and-Accessories.jpg

I don't think this has been mentioned on here yet ( I apologize if it has ) But Hot Toys will be releasing a 1/6th scale figure of Spidey in his homemade outfit for those interested. The reason I'm bringing this up is there are now close ups of the goggles and web shooters for better reference in case for those who want them as accurate as possible.
View attachment 727666

That's what I used as reference for mineIMG_4676.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 727666

I also used this for reference, but no harm in posting it :) There are a few more pictures as well, that show the sides of the goggles nicely, which were helpful when I made the greeblies for them.

Also, are there any tutorials or build threads on how to make a faceshell? Or do you basically have to buy those?

I also used this for reference, but no harm in posting it :) There are a few more pictures as well, that show the sides of the goggles nicely, which were helpful when I made the greeblies for them.

Also, are there any tutorials or build threads on how to make a faceshell? Or do you basically have to buy those?

you can make one out of foam

Looks awesome! Working on my own suit for ALVCC. Almost everything is the same, but I'm 3d printing the goggles and web shooters.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 727666
This is the reference photo I was using to make mine :)

Just a quick question what length and width did you use for the chest emblem. My mock up is roughly 5.5" x 9".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

WIN_20170719_174241.JPGFor everyone on this thread, you want better eyes without having to look through tiny holes and fogged up lenses, buy white [preferably] really fine and hard to see through tulle fabric, one yard comes a long way, you use about two layers in the lenses, one with the grain going one way and then other with the grain going 90 degrees to that, it creates a perfect consistency for any white eyes for any costume including the tony stark spiderman suit and deadpool and of course the homemade spidey suit.
-Also, you can cut holes smaller than the goggles and then put hot glue inside of the goggles [that you scratches the surface of with some low grot sand paper] and then glue it on the mask and then stretch the holes and make tiny cuts so it fits inside the goggles, on the outside it will look clean and on the inside it will be sealed to the goggles-

Last edited:
Does anyone have any high-def pictures of the web shooter? Im making a 3d model of it and I need some more reference...

Wow you guys all did really well I finished my suit and turned out better than I expected.
b32ce9e202730fc2c851046e93239809.jpg

Has anyone sourced a pretty accurate hood yet? I've come close but so far.
Is there a way to dye grey fabric and would the red come out good?

I'm also stumped for the mask too!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back