Northern California Prop Gathering on Saturday, November 10 (UPDATED)

Chuey

Sr Member
Confirmed Date & Location

Date & Time: Saturday, November 10, from 12 pM to 6 PM (You can arrive at around 11:30 AM to start setting up if you want to)

3501 Sunrise Blvd #3 (near the vicinity of Sunrise Blvd & Fitzgerald Rd - see map below)
Rancho Cordova 95742

toyfusionrcmapnb7.jpg

You are encouraged to park and bring your stuff in through the back so as to not affect Toy Fusion's regular operations.

Food wise, this event will just be a pot luck. There are a bunch of places on Sunrise to pick up food that include a Bel Air Grocery store and a Costco only a mile away from the location.

Should anyone have any questions or comments, please PM me.

======================================================================================================================================

As stated in the San Jose, Milpitas, Fremont, Santa Cruz, Sunnyvale, Mountain View, CA thread, there seems to be an interest in a Northern California prop gathering for this year. I have spoken with a local Sacramento business, called Toy Fusion, about using their warehouse area for a prop gathering. They have agreed to open their location for such a meeting. This would be a private event (ie for us) and would not be broadcast to the general public.

Here are some favorable components to the facility.
  • Around 2000 square feet of space.
  • The business is in an a plaza and there is plenty of parking on the weekends.
  • Large sliding garage door to allow easy access.
  • There is air conditioning.
  • While people would be encouraged to bring their own tables, Toy Fusion has around a dozen 6' tables they are willing to loan.
  • As major businesses like Intel, Bank of America and VSP, have offices in the area, there are plenty of hotels near by.
Here is a picture of their warehouse facility to give you a little idea of what it looks like.

tfgo18a.jpg

Our board traditionally has this event in the fall, after the convention season. So I can lock in a date, please post as to the following:
  • Let me know if you would care to attend in September, October or November.
  • Post what Saturday(s) works for you. They have a group in there every first Saturday of the month so we can not choose September 1, October 6 or November 3.
I will take submission dates until Saturday, July 21. Once I have some dates, I will talk to the Toy Fusion owners about what works for them and get back to this board about a finalized date and time.

Specifications as to date restrictions

Last edited:
Re: Northern California Prop Gathering (Sacramento Region)

Pretty much any Sat. works for me but I am gonna say Sept. 8th or 15th(the sooner the better!)

Ed

You know that we plan to be there... it's strange, I thought I replied to this thread. Clearly I didn't, checking dates now.

I can make it. Should be available any date that is available. I should finally have some new crap to show as well!

Second half of September and all of October is OK. Just please stay out of November.

I'll be there.

And I second no time conflicts with DragonCon :).

Goffcorp

I'll bring my 66" Enterprise, and some phasers and uniforms.
Thanks for putting it together man.
I may bring some fiberglass kits for sale, (if it looks cool), I'll bring em in..

:cool

Ron

Sounds like fun. I'll be there with my usual array of destructive devices.

Folks,

For those people interested in attending, please put in your input by tomorrow Saturday if you have not done so already. When I get confirmation from the host business about the use of their facility, I will post as to a date.

FYI. The Sacramento Creation Entertainment Star Trek Con is on Sept 28-30.

I'd be interested to go. Just let me know which date. Only been in this 1 year and already have stuff to show off.

Since it is local, and I am free on the weekends, I'll be there, just say when.

I would love to go depending on the date. Be fun to hear what folks are working on and get some ideas.

Did we ever get a date set for this?

If not, best bet is to just pick a date and those that can make it then show up.

I need to get written confirmation, but tentatively I am looking at securing Saturday, October 20, from 11 AM to 5 PM.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back