Gold Leader 2017 kit alert (and instructions)

part.jpg

Just wondering what the best way to bend the Plastruct tube is?
I'm assuming that careful heating, over a flame, will eliminate kinks in the bends?

if you order the smaller tube it comes with bendable wire inside the tube!!

Yeah, the thinner stuff should bend pretty easily, but some of the larger diameter Plastruct tube that was on the original list (without the wire core), will require some form of heat to bend some of the tighter curves. Would imagine a heat gun or boiling water are probably too heavy duty methods. Can only think of the over flame method.

For the larger tubes I slid a length of the smaller tube inside to keep it from collapsing on itself, then simply bent it by hand. It worked great!

Still waiting on mine too. Mike said about a week ago that the last batch was cast, but he still needed the metal frames to be cut

Yes, all the Y's are cast and I am cutting the armatures. I was off with the kids yesterday and today, will be back at it tomorrow. My wife is on vacation this week so we are doing some family stuff, but I am going to try to ship a Y everyday this week. I think there is only 3 or 4 left to ship so by Monday next week they should be all done. I have not been taking any new orders and likely will not until Sept. for a number of reasons. Heat and humidity make casting something with this many parts miserable.

The mold for the update parts is done. I am going to replicate that mold 2 or 3 times so I can run off 3 or 4 sets a day starting next week. Again, don't hold off starting your kit if you want to, there is only 2 or 3 parts you need to add and they can wait until the very last minute or even after the model is done. I am throwing in an additional handful of parts that are tiny as just in case parts, meaning just in case you drop it or just in case you did not see it on a sprue tree etc. Because I did this already with some other parts in the original molds, don't be surprised if you wind up with a bunch of extra stuff at the end.

I know I had mentioned that I was going to run a few Tyderium shuttles starting around now. I may put that off until fall too, the amount of parts is the reason again. I think I will instead be running off a few of the updated Nice-N Cloud Car kits. Those are easier because the parts count is way lower than the other 2 kits. Molds on that are almost done so stay tuned if your interested in one of those.
thanks
mike

Last edited:
Update, kids are back to school, getting back to full scale casting on multiple projects and will incorporate the missing details in that casting . Original plan still in place to try to get 3 or 4 sets done per day once i am back in full swing. So it should go quick once I am full steam again. Jerseyfest in in a handful of days, but I am only there Sat and Sunday, should not slow me down much.

Hey mike you will also be sending the update parts to for those who have already have the kit? Also any more news on the those pics and directions?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back