Gold Leader 2017 kit alert (and instructions)

If anyone is wondering what size toggle switch to use, the GC Electronics Sub Miniature Bat Handle Toggle for a .195" mounting hole seems to fit pretty well.
-Dave
image.jpgimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Ok, update. Back from Wfest but it kicked my butt a bit, actually the drive on Monday did, 16 hours of driving on 2 hours of sleep, most of it in the rain (the driving not the sleeping). So i was a zombie on Tuesday and most of Wed.

I have been back casting kits and going full steam again.

We have a heat wave here starting on Sunday, of course we go from a month of 55 degrees, cold and rainy all month, 3 days at 75 then right to 90's and humid. So my strategy had to change a bit. Casting all I can this week before the heat gets here. I will cut the armatures and pack and ship on the hot days. Hopefully it will even out by next Wed and if there are any kits left to cast i can wrap it all up by this time next week.

Then onto the update parts and shipping on those.

thanks
mike

I;ll get back to you guys, soon. I am a likely going to take a 2 week break from taking orders so i can get everyone shipped out and get back to being caught up. Just a break, not discontinuing.

Ok, so I am down to just the last few to cast. I am waiting on metal again, my supplier has been slower to ship my last couple of orders, but I will have all orders cast by Monday or Tuesday and hope to ship everyone out by next Friday. But that depends on my metal getting here in time.

I am going to continue to hold off new orders for a few reasons, one is my sanity. I also need to clean the shop, I almost broke my leg the other day tripping on clutter. So i need a day or two to do that (and a dumpster).

I am going to hold new orders until I cast up and ship out all of the update parts packs. I will be taking orders for the Tyderium Shuttle after July 4th. The plan is to make like 3 or 4 sets of the molds I need to get the update parts and mix those in with shuttle casting. Hopefully i can get between 3 and 6 sets of the update parts done every day as i cast those up.

I will think about opening the orders back up in mid July depending on weather. If it's looking too hot I may hold off a bit until it looks to be getting cooler. Seems a long way away but Sept will be here in the blink of an eye.

I also will have the kids more than I already have for the next 11 weeks so we will see what happens.
thanks
mike

Finally got a chance to start mine this weekend.
Need to clean up the seams, and start with the plant on parts. Kit is nicely engineered, and the castings are excellent.

Attachments

• IMG_8854.JPG
    IMG_8854.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 455
Do you need it? Everyone seems okay... I mean, I guess I can upload more? But everyone seems to be finishing these....

I havn't either. We would need the updated care package to complete it. And I'm not trying to sound snarky about the update package. I just don't see how people can complete the kit without it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There are a few of us newbies that could really use the full instructions. I'm sure it can be done without them, but it would be significantly easier with them, especially the piping and paint guides.

I have not got mine yet, should be one of the last batch, but I also count a lot on the instructions. It's precisely why I got a kit, because I'm not a ywing expert who has id'ed every single part. While I did not have too much trouble putting the bwing kit together without instructions, I imagine the ywing is a different story

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back