Gold Leader 2017 kit alert (and instructions)

Yep - a Droid :)

I assume it was left it smooth because of the Red Jammer lineage/Lancaster dome option. When you glue the droid down, it looks the part...

Just a quick FYI, I am waiting on metal from my supplier. There will be a brief pause in shipping but i will continue to cast, then a wave will go out.

Great to hear the first kits have shipped!
jkirkon when did you have yours reserved? I'm also in the list since december

Call me crazy, but didn't this kit get released a month ago? At least that's when this thread was started.

I don't know if there was a 'waiting list' per se...when Mike and Jason announced they were ready to produce this kit, I PM'd Mike. He told me the price, and gave me payment instructions. That was approximately 4 weeks ago.
I paid, and a few weeks later, the kit showed up at my doorstep.

Hard to to beat that.

Its a VERY nice quality kit, BTW. Castings are excellent, very little cleanup required. Very crisp!

The instructions Jason put together are also excellent.

On that note: One point I will dispute about the instructions (minor) is the aluminum wing support for the armature is stated in the instructions to be 12.5", mine is actually 12". I don't think that will be a huge deal, but wanted to point out the discrepancy.

Production started about 4 weeks ago, I have castings on hand but hit a snag with my metal supplier. More is on the way but it took longer than expected for the order to ship. Does not stop or even slow production, just a lag in shipping. Metal should be here friday, will machine a bunch of armatures over the weekend and shipping will re start next week.
thanks
mike

Ahhh, thanks! I'll update it. Doesn't matter much - there's plenty to bite onto in the engine mount area!

Almost done!
17098128_10155116389138156_2421737380794547714_o.jpg

I don't know if there was a 'waiting list' per se...when Mike and Jason announced they were ready to produce this kit, I PM'd Mike. He told me the price, and gave me payment instructions. That was approximately 4 weeks ago.
I paid, and a few weeks later, the kit showed up at my doorstep.

Hard to to beat that.

Its a VERY nice quality kit, BTW. Castings are excellent, very little cleanup required. Very crisp!

The instructions Jason put together are also excellent.

On that note: One point I will dispute about the instructions (minor) is the aluminum wing support for the armature is stated in the instructions to be 12.5", mine is actually 12". I don't think that will be a huge deal, but wanted to point out the discrepancy.

WOW!!:thumbsup That is an AMAZING paint finish Jason!! Great Job on your finish! Mike does indeed to SUPERB castings!!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back