Gold Leader 2017 kit alert (and instructions)

Don't let the update package stop you from starting the kit. You can do 99 percent of the kit without it and even finish the kit for the most part without it. It's a few tiny parts you can glue on even after it's painted.

I have like 3 or 4 more kits to ship out, and they are cast up. I just need to cut armatures this week. I'll be sorting thru and putting together the update package ASAP and getting them out as fast as I can. Believe me I want that off my list of stuff to do.

I am not even taking any more Y wing orders until that is all sorted out. In all likely hood I will not take orders for it over the summer, it's too hot and humid to cast something with that many parts. I also need a break from looking at something so complicated to cast.

Unless I am missing something Jason seems to have most of the basics of this kit covered in the guide that he has already loaded up. What's missing in everyones opinion? I may have a build to do soon too so I can cover it if there is a consensus of what's needed.

I havn't either. We would need the updated care package to complete it. And I'm not trying to sound snarky about the update package. I just don't see how people can complete the kit without it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'll be sorting thru and putting together the update package ASAP and getting them out as fast as I can. Believe me I want that off my list of stuff to do.

Unless I am missing something Jason seems to have most of the basics of this kit covered in the guide that he has already loaded up. What's missing in everyones opinion? I may have a build to do soon too so I can cover it if there is a consensus of what's needed.

Mike please be so kind to not forget on parts that were missing from people´s individual kits besides the general update package. Thanks a lot in advance! :)

I went through the instructions to see if any parts are missing. It takes a bit of time but might be better than a photo including ALL parts at once. Seeing the parts assigned to certain spots on the model makes inventory easier I think - just put the parts aside after each step of the instructions.
I think Jason didn´t include the engine assemblies so if there are any plant-on parts on the main engine housings, we customers would have to find out by looking at reference photos (I didn´t have the time to compare photos and the kit so far). Maybe you could extend the instructions with a description of the engine assemblies?

I didn't know if the kit was complete until I literally built it.
So an overall pic of every part was impossible... and any way, with as many small fiddly bits, you would never be able to properly inventory them from one photo.

I am sorting through the pics I took to finish the instructions (see below). It's a LOT and it's going to take some time so PLEASE keep that in mind - this won't be done tomorrow, in other words. This is not my kit so I was an unacquainted as you all are/were, I have very little time to do this with some real-life stuff looming this and next week, and I am trying my best. My wife goes in to surgery a week from today so I will be obviously putting that first, lol. That being said, the instructions will get updated incrementally so you guys can feel like you're being paid attention to. Thanks for understanding!

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 5.35.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-04 at 5.35.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-04 at 5.35.16 PM.png

Thanks for the update Jason!

I didn't know if the kit was complete until I literally built it.
So an overall pic of every part was impossible... and any way, with as many small fiddly bits, you would never be able to properly inventory them from one photo.

I am sorting through the pics I took to finish the instructions (see below). It's a LOT and it's going to take some time so PLEASE keep that in mind - this won't be done tomorrow, in other words. This is not my kit so I was an unacquainted as you all are/were, I have very little time to do this with some real-life stuff looming this and next week, and I am trying my best. My wife goes in to surgery a week from today so I will be obviously putting that first, lol. That being said, the instructions will get updated incrementally so you guys can feel like you're being paid attention to. Thanks for understanding!

View attachment 741206View attachment 741207View attachment 741208

The first 3 or 4 kits are a unique situation (which your part of that group). I am aware of those and have a mold just for those parts already. Everyone else past the first few already has those parts included.

A few of the first ones also may have been missing the pilot too as I was just getting in the swing of it. If i have any doubt i will send an extra pilot too just in case.

Mike please be so kind to not forget on parts that were missing from people´s individual kits besides the general update package. Thanks a lot in advance! :)

I went through the instructions to see if any parts are missing. It takes a bit of time but might be better than a photo including ALL parts at once. Seeing the parts assigned to certain spots on the model makes inventory easier I think - just put the parts aside after each step of the instructions.
I think Jason didn´t include the engine assemblies so if there are any plant-on parts on the main engine housings, we customers would have to find out by looking at reference photos (I didn´t have the time to compare photos and the kit so far). Maybe you could extend the instructions with a description of the engine assemblies?

Also a noteworthy bit, do not worry too much if you wind up with EXTRA parts. In an effort to minimize any missing or lost parts lots of the tiny bit have multiples of them in the kit. Meaning that you may need 1 but I had put 2 or 3 into the mold rotation. That way if one of the 3 was mis cast I did not need to worry about running that particular mold again. If all 3 came out fine, all 3 went in the bag.

Sometimes with these real small part the slightest bit of static cling can make it stick to your fingers or clothes, then they disappear. Another reason I put extras in there.

But also a reason I try to keep all the parts on their "runners" or sprue trees. So when your cutting all those little bits off the trees try to keep an eye out that your cutting the resin equivalent of the injector ports and not and actual part.

Hey Mike - thanks for the great kit.
And Jason, thanks for the instructions. There were super helpful.
I've been able to make a fair deal of progress pouring over the photos in the new Chronicles.
Heres where I'm at now:
image.jpeg
But there are a few parts I just can't find a place for.
image.jpegimage.jpeg
I recieved two of #3. So maybe this is a duplicate?
(let's just refer to the one I didn't number as #4)

As for the update parts, is this one of them? It
image.jpeg
Any chance you could post a picture of the update parts? It would save me the anxiety of wondering wether I lost them!

Thanks!

Yes, that's the main fella there. Then there is another part you need 2 of and there is only 1, or something to that effect, will double check before I mold.

For most it's going to be just a little envelope with those couple of tiny parts in it.

I've been able to make a fair deal of progress pouring over the photos in the new Chronicles.
Heres where I'm at now:
View attachment 741247
View attachment 741248View attachment 741249

View attachment 741250
Any chance you could post a picture of the update parts? It would save me the anxiety of wondering wether I lost them!

Thanks!

So i received my kit and doing some dry fitting of parts to see how things go together and ran into a problem. The wing covers on the bottom seem to interfering with the hull.

IMG_1994.JPGIMG_1993.JPGIMG_1995.JPGIMG_1996.JPG

Am I doing something wrong?

#2/#4 go on the Harrier part on the underside rear of the cockpit.
Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 11.06.01 AM.png
#3 is used in a couple of places (they are the landing gear from the Airfix He-177). One goes on the right outer engine and other on the main body.
Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 11.03.48 AM.png

Heres where I'm at now:
View attachment 741247
View attachment 741248View attachment 741249

View attachment 741250

Thanks!

I'd appreciate some more detail on this part and exactly where it goes. I cannot seem to locate it.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_8875.JPG
    IMG_8875.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 412
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back