Zvezda SD Engine Lights Module

Warm can be an option :) I prefer cool but that's just a matter of choice...

Got a number of transitions working last night - main engines throttle up, main engines idle, aux throttle up (this ramps up quickly to full brightness then back down a bit again for an initial 'pulse' effect), aux throttle down and main throttle down).

Need to mount the LEDs in the rear panel temporarily and get some video done...

Warm can be an option :) I prefer cool but that's just a matter of choice...

Got a number of transitions working last night - main engines throttle up, main engines idle, aux throttle up (this ramps up quickly to full brightness then back down a bit again for an initial 'pulse' effect), aux throttle down and main throttle down).

Need to mount the LEDs in the rear panel temporarily and get some video done...

Sounds cool, looking forward to the finished article. Got my FO and the holes all done just waiting for you to give the word, no rush though, got other stuff going on.

Here's a quick video. This is with 10mm for the mains and 5mm for the aux

https://vimeo.com/216563211

[EDIT: if you are seeing a "This video does not exist" do not believe it. it does, but there seems to be some issue between some browsers and the board software resolving vimeo addresses. If I just insert the url, it tries to pull a thumbnail down automatically and fails! So try this url without the space after https https ://vimeo.com/216563211 ]

Last edited:
Ok, I'm going do be doing a run of these shortly, however due to time pressures on other projects it's going to be a short run. Because it's labour intensive wiring up all the LEDs I'm toying with a part assembled kit for those with soldering skills (and less money!)

So the options would be
a) Fully assembled & tested £50 / $65 + shipping
b) Electronics fully assembled & tested, all LEDs & wire looms supplied but to be assembled £35 / $45

Both options would come with your choice of warm or cool lights for FO, warm or cool lights for engines and 5 or 10mm lights for main engines. You can also choose battery power (3xAA box) or DC (onboard regulator for 9 - 18v, but wall wart not supplied)

If you're interested, drop me a note with your choices.
Cheers!

Quick photo update - builds in progress...

DSC_0584.jpg

When will you be making a new batch? I'd like a full version, if you do another run...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some builds reduce the brightness of the FO lights so they don't look too bright for the scale. Would you say the lights in this kit are on the brighter side or dimmer side?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Some builds reduce the brightness of the FO lights so they don't look too bright for the scale. Would you say the lights in this kit are on the brighter side or dimmer side?

Hard to say subjectively without any reference, but I would say "bright enough", however if you wanted them dimmer it would be easy to add something between the LED and the end of the fibre bundles to reduce brightness - paint the end, bit of tissue etc

I'd also like to reserve a full version kit of your next batch please. One Newby question which may have been answered already but how do you turn it on/off?

Ok, after a small delay getting organised for Smallspace last weekend I'm now just about done with the SD lights.

I've settled on the final animation - it's hard to describe in words and takes a while to run through in practice - I'll try and shoot & edit some video tonight.

For those I've heard back from, you should hear from me in a day or so. There are a couple who never got back with their options, if I don't hear by the end of the week you'll lose your place to someone on the waiting list.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back