Zvezda SD Engine Lights Module

Shut up and take my money

Okay, on a more reasonable note, are you providing the LEDs, and if so, would you be open to including warm white instead of the cool whites?

Last edited:
Finally got round to making up the rest of the lighting looms - did these ones in warm white.

DSC_9727.jpg

DSC_9729.jpg

Also did a quick video of the engine effect...

[video=vimeo;211751234]https://vimeo.com/211751234[/video]

Ant

Not sure if it's the video or my computer, probably the latter, but I cant hear any audio. How many LEDs in total will this board support? Can two or more boards be "linked" together to power more LEDs if needed? I used 31 LEDs in my build. I could have shaved that number down but I was conserving how long my fiber runs were so I wasn't able to cram as many fibers into an LED so I had to use more LEDs than what I really needed. Next build I won't skimp on fiber length so I can probably cut that number by 10. I do want to use a lot of Pico LEDs to light the docking bay on the bottom. LED count will still be high....

Hi Robi - no there was no sound on the video - it wasn't your computer!

There's the 7 engine LEDs and 12 "window" LEDs. Chaining 2 boards would be a bit wasteful since the bulk of the electronics is for the engine effect. Maybe a chainable window light module would have been the way to go...

I have Ant's board for the wee Bandai Star Destroyer and it is a sweet little piece of engineering! It looks like Ant has hit another one out of the park!

More questions (besides "when! how much!) - not knowing anything about PCBs, would it be feasible to add one more LED, a red at this stage? There are a handful of red lights on Avenger, and I'm not sure at this scale that it's going to be possible to cleanly paint the ends of the FOs (which was my first thought).

It would not be a problem to substitute one on the white ones for red, with an additional resistor inline. Alternatively you could just paint the end of the LED....

Just been working on the software last night in fact. I'm also trying out 10mm LEDs for the main engines. Struggling to find time amongst many other projects at the moment...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back