Evike does it again!!! E-11 air soft

Coming in a bit late to this party - is the consensus to buy the plain Sterling and then build up using quality parts purchased elsewhere vs. buying the "complete" E-11?
I mentioned this earlier but in my opinion, buy the E-11 version and pull off the inaccurate parts to replace with better parts. The E-11 version is cheaper than the regular Sterling (at least it was when I bought mine) and already has the shortened magazine. Less work for less money as you won't have to cut down the magazine.
It's super easy to pop off the rail and t track.

Last edited:
The "complete" E11 version is inaccurate in many ways, isn't it?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe FM is going to offer completed E11's sometime soon.

Edit - now that I think of it, you could always just remove the inaccurate parts and replace!

Coming in a bit late to this party - is the consensus to buy the plain Sterling and then build up using quality parts purchased elsewhere vs. buying the "complete" E-11?

None of the add-on parts on the pre-made E-11 are accurate to any of the E-11 variants. T-track is too short, scope misshapen, scope rail too short and mounted incorrectly, power cylinders resemble the Rogue One version but seem too big, counter is only half there.

Here's a thread where we discuss the Rogue One version (which was built using the S&T Sterling) and ID the found parts:
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=261499

I mentioned this earlier but in my opinion, buy the E-11 version and pull off the inaccurate parts to replace with better parts. The E-11 version is cheaper than the regular Sterling (at least it was when I bought mine) and already has the shortened magazine. Less work for less money as you won't have to cut down the magazine.

Currently the bare Sterling is $250, while the E-11 is $289. So unfortunately there are no savings - it's more a question of if the short magazine is worth the extra $40 and the hassle to remove the junk parts.

BTW I saw Trooper_trent plug the OT version of this part already, but if anyone is building a Rogue One E-11 let me recommend Field Marshall's excellent aluminum part. They're very accurate to the odd version Rogue One used.

Last edited:
Where can you find accurate r1 t track?

I just put together a ANH version for my buddy

f9f96a2bb899ac36fbade4b4d0f49def.jpg

I cut the magazine myself. Alittle intimidating, but wasn’t bad at all

I know want to do a r1 version for myself, because it has a flash light attached to it lol

I collect flash lights. I don’t plan on doing this for awhile but would like to map out my plan

Don’t know where I can get the accurate track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently the bare Sterling is $250, while the E-11 is $289. So unfortunately there are no savings - it's more a question of if the short magazine is worth the extra $40 and the hassle to remove the junk parts.

At the time I first made this comment (in another thread), the E-11 was cheaper so it was a no-brainer. It is ZERO hassle to remove the junk parts. A pare of pliers and 3 minutes is all you need.
The real work is shortening the magazine, as you said. Especially if you want this to be a firing air-soft rifle as I did, cutting down the extended mag while not destroying it so that it still functions seemed rather involved. In my opinion $40 is worth not having to deal with it at all and ensured I'd have a proper working magazine. It was even more worth it when I saved $10-20 by going that route because of the cheaper E-11.

The "complete" E11 version is inaccurate in many ways, isn't it?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe FM is going to offer completed E11's sometime soon.

Edit - now that I think of it, you could always just remove the inaccurate parts and replace!

None of the add-on parts on the pre-made E-11 are accurate to any of the E-11 variants. T-track is too short, scope misshapen, scope rail too short and mounted incorrectly, power cylinders resemble the Rogue One version but seem too big, counter is only half there.

Here's a thread where we discuss the Rogue One version (which was built using the S&T Sterling) and ID the found parts:
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=261499

BTW I saw Trooper_trent plug the OT version of this part already, but if anyone is building a Rogue One E-11 let me recommend Field Marshall's excellent aluminum part. They're very accurate to the odd version Rogue One used.

Where can you find accurate r1 t track?

I just put together a ANH version for my buddy

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180604/f9f96a2bb899ac36fbade4b4d0f49def.jpg

I cut the magazine myself. Alittle intimidating, but wasn’t bad at all

I know want to do a r1 version for myself, because it has a flash light attached to it lol

I collect flash lights. I don’t plan on doing this for awhile but would like to map out my plan

Don’t know where I can get the accurate track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the time I first made this comment (in another thread), the E-11 was cheaper so it was a no-brainer. It is ZERO hassle to remove the junk parts. A pare of pliers and 3 minutes is all you need.
The real work is shortening the magazine, as you said. Especially if you want this to be a firing air-soft rifle as I did, cutting down the extended mag while not destroying it so that it still functions seemed rather involved. In my opinion $40 is worth not having to deal with it at all and ensured I'd have a proper working magazine. It was even more worth it when I saved $10-20 by going that route because of the cheaper E-11.

Thanks all. I am not interested in this firing at all, but I am also not interested in having to cut down the mag either. Seems I can;t go wrong either way. As you said, is it worth $40 to not have to modify the magazine. I will think on that one.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back