Tomb Raider (2018) (Post-release)

What did you think of Tomb Raider

• Total voters
Re: Tomb Raider Re-boot

She looks great as Lara, I would have taken a more restrained approach at the trailer though. It makes the tone seem very in line with the AJ movies, whereas the 2010 game is a little more intimate and then builds to all out adventure

Sorry fellas...this looks video game/ movie wannabe straight to Walmart $5 bin bad to me.

Remove the thought of Bad and replace with surprisingly, I find many good movies and series from the "island" um... bin of unloved DVDs.
Happy to save money that way.

A little disappointed that they didn't follow the story from the game, but I'll live. Still looks cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Never played any of the Tomb Raider games, but I'm seeing this exclusively for Alicia Vikander :love

Her belt buckle appears to be a vintage 'Boys Brigade' buckle.

buckle.JPG

Her climbing axe is a DMM Rebel

dmm_rebel_axe_09.jpg

Last edited:

Yep.... ice axe straight from the game.

The buckle... who knows how that ties in.

I've said before the costume is a bit off from the game, but it has the essential look, so i don't care as long as the story is good.

I just bought her exact antique 'Boys Brigade' belt from a seller in England. Just thought it was cool that it's a 'found item'. Maybe it was her father's or something?

I saw it on Sat and I think its quite ... ok. Felt a bit budget movie. I love the 2013 game tho but glad to see the axe and the shot of her holding the pair at the end. I would watch it again when it shows on tv.

Went to the theater to see it last night. Story wise it's pretty standard fare of course but the acting was solid, great action scenes and a few of the scenes carried a little more emotional weight than I expected them to. I find it really hard not to like Alicia Vikander. She always gives 100% and really seemed invested in this film and it showed.

Plot holes? Yeah. Derivative of other films/stories, yeah. Fun and entertaining? Oh yeah.

I liked it.

I marched into the theater ready to hate it, since I've yet to see a good video game movie, but this seems to be the first that I actually, genuinely enjoyed.
Vikander is a great choice for Lara. She feels really human in the movie, even though we still suffer from the perfect makeup syndrome.

It's not a perfect movie, but I enjoyed the heck out of it. They set up the stage for a sequel pretty well, so here's hoping that will continue the trend.

_A

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back