Tomb Raider (2018) (Post-release)

What did you think of Tomb Raider

• Total voters
Re: Tomb Raider Re-boot

It's been awhile since I played the reboot game, but I don't remember if she ever does dual wield in that series.

What is this link nonsense??

lz6nt7dugjkz.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

It's been awhile since I played the reboot game, but I don't remember if she ever does dual wield in that series.

She did at the very end of the first one.
It was incredibly satisfying, then enormously deflating, because the game ends and you don't get to use them again.
Don't remember how the second one ended...
Honestly, I kind of dig the new focus on archery.

Oh, yah... that picture is BADASS!
This film is right at the top of my "most anticipated movies of whenever this comes out" list.

Last edited:

What is this link nonsense??

View attachment 757367

- - - Updated - - -

She did at the very end of the first one.
It was incredibly satisfying, then enormously deflating, because the game ends and you don't get to use them again.
Don't remember how the second one ended...
Honestly, I kind of dig the new focus on archery.

Thanks for helping a brother out:thumbsup
I guess I am just lazy or old school. Possibly both.

The end of the first game she does, for me it was sort of there she is, The Tomb Raider is born.
I haven't had a chance to play the second.
In all the other games it's defining. In fact I just bought a statue where she is blazing away with both based
on the Temple of Osiris game.

does anyone remember what sound the butler made when you bumped into him, in the original "tomb raider" video game??

She does... at the very end. She picks up a gun that was dropped by the Leader of the Solarii and uses it alongside the one she's carrying and (very shakily) manages to double wield against him.

I'd got the impression it was their intention to imply this is where she got the idea to do it later on... but in the second reboot game she was back to one, so who knows?

In any case I don't care one jot about that. I just want the story to be compelling, and as faithful to the game as it can be.

I've tried the duel pistol thing myself a few times, I'm pretty practiced with firearms and I wasn't hitting jack. LOL
Though I guess with practice, maybe, maybe.

Ok. I also haven't played the second of the newer games yet.

I've tried the duel pistol thing myself a few times, I'm pretty practiced with firearms and I wasn't hitting jack. LOL
Though I guess with practice, maybe, maybe.

I think Mythbusters might have tested that on the episode where they tried shooting Gangsta style and some other ways.

Don't care. Gonna see it anyway.
This movie is my "Force Awakens" that will redeem those god-awful Angelina Jolie "prequel" dumpster fires.

:lol. I can't argue with that logic. I agree, she does look the part. Hopefully the story and execution will lead to a surprise hit.

When I first played the 2013 Tomb Raider game, I didn't like it, however, it has grown on me over time. I never thought the AJ Tomb Raider movies were all that great, so I'm a little excited for this one with hopes it'll be better. It seems to be based on the 2013 game reboot. I know people don't have faith in movies based on video games, but maybe they can improve. Assasin's Creed (2016) wasn't the most terrible movie I saw that year (and I'm not even a fan of the AC franchise) so it gives me hope for a good Tomb Raider movie since Lara Croft is such a great character.

What a great trailer, for anyone who enjoyed that game. Certain aspects of the game were captured well. I hope to hear lots of Alicia Vikander yelling (jk) since it's so comical in the game. Imo, the game is not without its flaws, but I hope this movie executes what it borrowed from the plot much better than the game did.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back