McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett helmet WIP

The printed parts came in the mail today :)

c89b5aa0c9b485f18606cd7fe097faa8.jpg

6c7d43e441549c6f0902167b8887dfab.jpg
501f74edc4d75357a43aa3729b2867fb.jpg

Sent from a potato.

Well well well... look who's back!
Been a while but I was working on this thing and I could say that sanding and filling is done! (Excpet for the triangle on the front I need to fill it back and sand it)

e99cbbc0f53293b05a16e57f7258f85a.jpg

Sent from a potato.

Finished all the filling and sanding finally!

383f5fb36f86429e4f5f444915d4970f.jpg

Now the only problem is that I don't have money for silicone to make the new mold so I dont know when I'll be able to proceed but besides this issue I'm pretty happy with what I have now :D

Sent from a potato.

Hey Guys! Im new around this forum (TDH member for a while) and I wanted to show you guys a project that I'm working on right now.
Its the concept Boba bucket from McQuarrie. I think its one of the best helemt designs and I fell in love with it the moment I first saw it so I tought i give it a shot.
Im not going to post the whole progress because I've finished the sculpting today (actually 99% because I need to smooth it down here and there) but this is how it looks at the very moment:

View attachment 704591View attachment 704588View attachment 704592View attachment 704593

Boba Fett's various looks/designs has always intrigued me, it's amazing to see the evolution of a character/creature in the movies! :D
Boba's look during the San Anselmo, California County Fair Harvest Parade on September 24th, 1978 is quite interesting.

I painted the helmet and like 2 minutes later the paint like... cracked o_O
The surface was cleaned properly no dust or anything. The only thing I can think of is that the helmet was charged with static electricity or something but I've never experienced this before so please anyone can explain this? (I used a basic glossy white spraypaint from Rustoleum if that helps with anything)

ca65bd76815920cc1aa6b6e7c1e2de00.jpg

Sent from a potato.

The surface was exposed to moisture, or you didn't shake the can good enough. It happened with my Fett armor and kylo helmet. Try to paint when it's dry and hot outside. Keep away from moisture and shake shake shake that can:)

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

The surface was exposed to moisture, or you didn't shake the can good enough. It happened with my Fett armor and kylo helmet. Try to paint when it's dry and hot outside. Keep away from moisture and shake shake shake that can:)

Moisture was not the problem for sure (LA dry as a desert ... wait it Is a desert) the lack of shake could have been an issue maybe i dont rember usually I shake the cans well. But thanks for the tip I'll pay more attention.

Sent from a potato.

Moisture was not the problem for sure (LA dry as a desert ... wait it Is a desert) the lack of shake could have been an issue maybe i dont rember usually I shake the cans well. But thanks for the tip I'll pay more attention.

Sent from a potato.
Hmmm..Try soaking the can in warm water before you take it out and use it then.. it will also prevent "orange peel". Soak the can in warm (not hot) water for about 10 minutes before use. Hope that helps:)

Hmmm..Try soaking the can in warm water before you take it out and use it then.. it will also prevent "orange peel". Soak the can in warm (not hot) water for about 10 minutes before use. Hope that helps:)

Hmm never heard of this method... I might give it a shot!

BTW sanding sucks... :/

524cf11c2f4d2662719e7aba7c16fd9b.jpg

Sent from a potato.

This is one my favorite helmets i did one similar but with a different twist.but yours is awesome as well i love it great work.FB_IMG_1493601071744.jpgFB_IMG_1493601068723.jpg

Did you primer the helmet first? If you didn't primer the helmet, I can see the paint having a hard time attaching to anything and if it was hot enough and dried really fast I can imagine this outcome...but I have only ever seen this when painting in higher humidity which it sounds like from the previous comments that it was not humid when you painted.

I'm loving this thread by the way. Get that paint fixed ;)

Did you primer the helmet first? If you didn't primer the helmet, I can see the paint having a hard time attaching to anything and if it was hot enough and dried really fast I can imagine this outcome...but I have only ever seen this when painting in higher humidity which it sounds like from the previous comments that it was not humid when you painted.

I'm loving this thread by the way. Get that paint fixed ;)

Already done sir! Sanded down and primed up again! (Y) Tomorrow I'll move on with the paint.

Sent from a potato.

When using spray paint in colder weather ( 60s) I too always warmed up the can.

I use a torch as well to heat the job lightly to remove he moisture in the metal

Granted the torch won't work for you on this application. But it may on metal projects in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When using spray paint in colder weather ( 60s) I too always warmed up the can.

I use a torch as well to heat the job lightly to remove he moisture in the metal

Granted the torch won't work for you on this application. But it may on metal projects in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the useful tip I'll keep that in mind!

Sent from a potato.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back