Blues Brothers - How do non-Chicago people rate it?

Are you the police?
No ma'am, we're musicians

I hate Illinois Nazis.

Hutt, hutt,hutt,hutt,hutt,hutt,hutt,hutt,hutt,hutt...

A great film with many great moments :D you definitely don't need to be from the windy city in order to appreciate it, not even from the U.S. :p

RIP John Belushi
RIP John Candy
:(

As someone who has never lived in Chicago, I can say with extreme confidence that The Blues Brothers is one of my favorite films of all time. I'm not even kidding. If there's a personal top film list, it's in there.

State County Municipal Offender Data System.

What Jeyl said.

Are you the police?
No ma'am, we're musicians

I hate Illinois Nazis.

Hutt, hutt,hutt,hutt,hutt,hutt,hutt,hutt,hutt,hutt...

A great film with many great moments :D you definitely don't need to be from the windy city in order to appreciate it, not even from the U.S. :p

RIP John Belushi
RIP John Candy
:(

R.I.P Carrie Fisher,she was going out with Dan at about this time i think...As someone who saw it on Laserdisc at a young age ,i gotta say it's one of my fave movies ever,my son loves it (cos he watched it young too) .I have all the Blues brothers records/mp3's...And i'm not even American...lol

This movie was an essential part of my childhood. As I grew up and it hit cable TV, it seemed like anytime WGN had a slot in it's programming, Blues Brothers filled it.

When I finally made it to Chicago, driving on Lower Wacker Drive was a must. I quote it every chance I can.

I was extremely excited when BB2000 was announced and very disappointed when it hit theaters. The original is one of those movies that has and will continue to stand the test of time.

" It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that Stephen Spielberg is the County Clerk, and the Guy checking out Jake's posessions at the prison (Including "One Prophylactic..Used.") is Frank Oz is an added bonus. My Favorite Quote - "Well I guess you're S--t out of luck.'

I Treat BB2K like any Highlander Movie after the first one.

I spent summers with my father in Chicago when I was young for a number of years. Maybe it's that but knowing it was filmed in Chicago didn't make me like Chicago any better.:p

Not a line or anything really memorable but I love sight gags and one of my favorites is the beauty salon Carrie Fisher's character works at: Curl Up and Dye.

R.I.P Carrie Fisher,she was going out with Dan at about this time i think...As someone who saw it on Laserdisc at a young age ,i gotta say it's one of my fave movies ever,my son loves it (cos he watched it young too) .I have all the Blues brothers records/mp3's...And i'm not even American...lol

:facepalm

Totally forgot about the Princess :( :(
RIP Carrie Fisher(!)

I remember driving home from the theater after seeing the movie with a friend of mine and lets just say we were a little over the speed limit.

A really great movie with too many great parts and cameo's to list.

I want to chime in on this and say how often I watch this movie, but the thread title bans me from adding my two cents...

"This {forum} has everything!"

There are very few musicals I can sit through, so for me to say this is on my top ten of all time favorite movies is a big deal to me.
There are many "men" that will argue that this is NOT a musical because they feel that there is some type of feminine stigma attached to saying that you like a musical. Guess what, Nancy. If you love this movie you LOVE A MUSICAL!

" It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Somewhere i've got a subway sized poster with the two of them sitting on the front of the car with that quote underneath it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
There are very few musicals I can sit through, so for me to say this is on my top ten of all time favorite movies is a big deal to me.
There are many "men" that will argue that this is NOT a musical because they feel that there is some type of feminine stigma attached to saying that you like a musical. Guess what, Nancy. If you love this movie you LOVE A MUSICAL!

I wonder if they will release a sing-a-long version.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back