Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
    From
    Cajunville
    1 Week Ago  Jan 11, 2018, 8:35 PM - Re: Blues Brothers - How do non-Chicago people rate it? #51

Mr Webber said: View Post
    WITNESS.

I would have one of those but all you bloody Americans have taken them all and pushed the prices up.

That old theatre was turned into a multi storied car park as well.
    Cant help it if we love Gibson. And V8's

And we must be the only country that doesnt say "bloody" ... well.. not down here we dont... unless we accidentally get shot during a hunting season.

The its "bloody hell, what just happened"
  2. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    From
    Terra Australis
    1 Week Ago  Jan 11, 2018, 8:35 PM - Re: Blues Brothers - How do non-Chicago people rate it? #52

DarthLee said: View Post
    Cant help it if we love Gibson. And V8's
    Cant argue with that.
    1 Week Ago  Jan 12, 2018, 9:28 AM - Re: Blues Brothers - How do non-Chicago people rate it? #53

I love the Blues Brothers. It's one of my favorite comedies of all time.
  4. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    From
    Terra Australis
    1 Week Ago  Jan 12, 2018, 3:29 PM - Re: Blues Brothers - How do non-Chicago people rate it? #54

Solo4114 said: View Post
    I love the Blues Brothers. It's one of my favorite comedies of all time.
    I second that but it`s also my favourite musical of all time as well.
    From
    Cambridge, UK
    1 Week Ago  Jan 12, 2018, 5:22 PM - Re: Blues Brothers - How do non-Chicago people rate it? #55

Sounds like I'm kidding, but this movie did actually teach me at a formative age a number of really important lessons, including but not limited to;

Don't stick it in crazy.
    Music is a world of wonder, explore it.
    Pay attention when old dudes are speaking.
    Moral and legal aren't synonyms.
    Nazis are dicks.
    Beware of bar tabs.

I owe this movie a great deal, it will always be in my heart.
  6. Coldhands RPF Premium Member Sundowner's Avatar
    From
    Midwest
    1 Week Ago  Jan 12, 2018, 6:37 PM - Re: Blues Brothers - How do non-Chicago people rate it? #56

Lmao “don’t stick it in crazy” well or be prepared for the consequences. It’s a hard truth
    From
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    1 Week Ago  Jan 12, 2018, 10:29 PM - Re: Blues Brothers - How do non-Chicago people rate it? #57

There are a bunch of reasons why I should love The Blues Brothers film, but I don't. Here are just a few of those reasons:

* I love Belushi
    * I love Ackroyd
    * The movie has a ton of great quotes

And yet, the movie never really grabbed me. I never liked when Jake and Elwood played on SNL--it seemed terribly self-indulgent. And I didn't like when they played in the movie. Just not my style of music. They bored me when they were playing.

Now, obviously, they're not playing in the large majority of the movie, and so yes, I did enjoy some parts of that . But overall, I could never really get into it, no matter how much I tried. And believe me, I tried. My Dad loved it! And a lot of my friends loved it. So I saw it many times.

Didn't matter. It was such a thin premise for a movie, and I never looked forward to watching it. In contrast to contemporary films like Animal House, Caddyshack, Stripes, Vacation, Airplane, and Fletch--now THOSE were films I adored, and still do to this day.

The Wook
  8. Member Since
    Jul 2012
    1 Week Ago  Jan 12, 2018, 11:11 PM - Re: Blues Brothers - How do non-Chicago people rate it? #58

To not like the Blues Brothers is to show a troubling lack of SNLIQ.
    1 Week Ago  Jan 12, 2018, 11:30 PM - Re: Blues Brothers - How do non-Chicago people rate it? #59

The Wook said: View Post
    There are a bunch of reasons why I should love The Blues Brothers film, but I don't. Here are just a few of those reasons:

* I love Belushi
    * I love Ackroyd

And yet, the movie never really grabbed me. I never liked when Jake and Elwood played on SNL--it seemed terribly self-indulgent. And I didn't like when they played in the movie. Just not my style of music. They bored me when they were playing.

Now, obviously, they're not playing in the large majority of the movie, and so yes, I did enjoy some parts of that . But overall, I could never really get into it, no matter how much I tried. And believe me, I tried. My Dad loved it! And a lot of my friends loved it. So I saw it many times.

Didn't matter. It was such a thin premise for a movie, and I never looked forward to watching it. In contrast to contemporary films like Animal House, Caddyshack, Stripes, Vacation, Airplane, and Fletch--now THOSE were films I adored, and still do to this day.

The Wook
    Maybe you have a low BB IQ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    From
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    1 Week Ago  Jan 12, 2018, 11:45 PM - Re: Blues Brothers - How do non-Chicago people rate it? #60

batguy said: View Post
    To not like the Blues Brothers is to show a troubling lack of SNLIQ.
    Lol, no, my SNLIQ is pretty darn high.

Toadmeister said: View Post
    Maybe you have a low BB IQ?
    But I will concede a rather pedestrian BBIQ.

I like the brothers well enough--except when they're playing. Just not my cup of tea.

The Wook
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 9:12 AM - Re: Blues Brothers - How do non-Chicago people rate it? #61

In contrast to contemporary films like Animal House, Caddyshack, Stripes, Vacation, Airplane, and Fletch--now THOSE were films I adored, and still do to this day.

The Wook
    Yes, yes, yes but no 1984 Ghostbusters?
    From
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 10:49 AM - Re: Blues Brothers - How do non-Chicago people rate it? #62

Fly4v said: View Post
    Yes, yes, yes but no 1984 Ghostbusters?
    Of course. An unforgivable oversight on my part.
  13. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    From
    Terra Australis
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 6:28 PM - Re: Blues Brothers - How do non-Chicago people rate it? #63

* I love Belushi
    * I love Ackroyd

The Wook
    I think you will appreciate my longtime avatar at propsummit.com.
    From
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 9:23 PM - Re: Blues Brothers - How do non-Chicago people rate it? #64

Mr Webber said: View Post
    I think you will appreciate my longtime avatar at propsummit.com.
    lpmmHLC.gif