Silcone Question

13doctorwho

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I'm making a silicone mold using Mold Max Stroke (I know, the cheap stuff) and I have a question for all you experts. It's taking a very long time to get tacky between coats. Can I let it cure over night and do more layers? I've heard that silicone sticks to itself, that's why you use release agent when doing two (or more) piece molds, but will it stick to the previous layers well enough. I'm concerned if I wait it my de-laminate between layers. Any experience would be greatly appreciated!!

I've never used Mold Max - however, I've used Smooth On product and have run out of silicone and had to get more. The place I buy from is 1 hour away. I've poured silicone, run out to get more and poured additional about 3 hours later. Only issue I had was that I didn't mix the product the same way so a portion of the mold looked a little different. I'd suggest making sure that you add additional fur support only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back