Found one Grail, but need help on the next one. Anyone in Seattle?

shamgar1981

So I recently came into ownership of one of my Grail items, goblets matching those used in "The Princess Bride" Battle of Wits scene.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=146325&page=4

So to give myself another goal I decide I want to find / make a screen accurate version of the Dread Pirate Roberts Belt Buckle to go with my cos play. I've found a few pictures that get a good look at the buckle, but nothing up close or with enough detail. The original is with the costume on display at the Museum of Pop Culture in Seattle Washington, but I am located in Michigan with it very unlikely I will make it out to Seattle in the near future. Is there anyone out there who would be wiling to make a trip to the Museum and try to get me some good pictures from the display? Anyone work there that might be able to get /into/ the display to take some pictures? :D

Am I the only one who thought of that scene from "Holy Grail"?

"He says he's already got one. It's very nice."

I live in the area, I was planning on going in March as well for their Hall of Fame event (details here) But i'll let you know if i end up there sooner.

Thanks to someone on a facebook Prop page I got some pictures of the belt end on display at the Museum of Pop Culture. I also found a site https://movie-screencaps.com/the-princess-bride-1987/ that had some good resolution screen caps from the movie that I was able to get some details of the buckle from as well.

Anyone interested in a commission for modeling or sculpting the buckle and strap end for me? I can handle the pewter casting and leather work myself, but my hands are not steady enough for the fine detail needed for this step.

buckle5.jpgbuckle6.jpgbuckle4.jpgIMG_1729.JPGIMG_1730.JPGIMG_1728.JPGbuckle3.jpgbuckle2.jpgBuckle1.jpg

So a friend (who started the goblet thread, and then never checked it again) went to the museum recently and sent me some really good pics of the belt buckle.
313e56ab011bddf917ce10b16719367a.jpg
d1c04d6d532342e171352ef2b07f7b6d.jpg

These ones you can zoom in on the buckle and see some good detail, such as the part of the buckle that attaches to the belt has another of those 3 lobed fidget spinners shapes on it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey I just got a bonus/raise at work! I'd like to use part of that bonus to commision someone to sculpt / cast the belt buckle for me. please contact me with some examples of past work and a quote for the work if your interested.

20171116_170741.jpg
I did a ruff scetch in miliput while I was waiting for the epoxy cure to on the mimic chair mini I am sculpting. these ones would be for a 1-inch belt and I don't think you could get too much bigger without them being a bit too big to go through a standard belt loop.

20171116_195702.jpg
I don't know but I think it looks ok? I ended up kicking this out after my GF walked by and said the dreaded words "Make me one"...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back