ANOVOS just canceled my order!

Well im not dumb, i of course understand rubies is garbage, my point is that anovos is also garbage and does not recieve much more respect from me than rubies does

Is Anovos' delivery time for most of their products crazy and frustrating? Yes. No denying that. Their model for their Rogue One products should be the normal moving forward.

The items they have gotten out from the Death/Shore Troopers, AT-AT driver, Kylo Ren helmet, etc have been top notch. Quality and accuracy are there. Furthest thing from garbage. Got Maul on here has admitted their time from order to delivery is changing and they're looking to get everything they offer to replicate their delivery time for Rogue One products. I am frustrated as I've been waiting for products from Anovos as well. I've also been waiting a longer period for fan made/unlicensed products. This hobby requires a degree of patience. I'm looking forward to Anovos delivering what I've ordered and I'll defend their quality all day long.

Yeah, if you deal with the company in a calm and protracted manner, it's far more likely things will be resolved in your favor. Take your dispute public, and things may not go as well. That said, THIS is the sort of the thing that's prevented me from ever purchasing any licensed (or unlicensed) replicas (that, and the prices). The pre-orders and then the waiting. And more waiting. The most infuriating part is the apologists. Oh, it's just part of the hobby, etc. What if you pre-ordered a 2018 Ford Mustang and didn't get it until 2021 (all the while seeing ads for the 2019, 2020, and so on)? Yes, that's a substantially greater amount of money, but it's the principle. If you can't deliver the product that's already be ordered and/or paid for, stop announcing new product that also probably won't be delivered on. If we just stop patronizing these companies that continually disappoint, they'll either get their crap together, or be replaced by someone who can. As it is, we (the formal we), are simply enabling their failure. But that's just what I think.

Indeed! Despite their ridiculous shipping times and problems with running the business smoothly, their work is FAR from garbage. They make great stuff.

I'd also only ever order something from them that is indeed ready to ship.

Well, of course I completely disagree. Where do you see anything "unprofessional" in what I wrote?

You'll also note I didn't harass "the people on the other end of those chats." I'm aware it's possible they don't get paid much, and are trying their best. But if their best isn't good enough (because the company doesn't support them), then it's my duty as a customer to say so. The chat log SHOULD easily register that I'm angry at Anovos—otherwise it gets filed as "hey, I guess we're doing OK!" And if Anovos can't take such mild criticism after NEARLY TWO YEARS of not delivering a single thing (other than mealy-mouthed "thank you for your patience"-es), then they shouldn't be in business, PERIOD.

Whether or not you would want to sell me anything, based on the chat log, is irrelevant: Anovos DID sell me something. And then proceeded to not deliver it for NEARLY TWO YEARS. Would the same chat log exist if they had delivered the product within, say, the first year or so? No, it would not.

And of course I can see why they'd want to refund my money and walk away: IT'S CLEARLY THEIR STRATEGY. But they should not be allowed to walk away from a contract just because NEARLY TWO YEARS in I hurt their snowflake-like feelings on social media!

Some other poster above said that somehow if I place an order with Anovos, I should have known it was going to take some inordinate amount of time for them to fulfill. Well, that's stupid. Or, if you don't think so, then the counter-argument would be that Anovos should have known two years ago that I'd get snarky on social media, and not have sold me anything.

But they DID, and I don't think it's unreasonable of me to want them to hold up their end of the contract, regardless of how much of a jerk I am to them subsequently.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess one strategy would be to cancel orders out from under customers who haven't received any product, and who have no reasonable hope of receiving product any time soon?

Thank you. If you'd also pass on a swift kick in the ass to the higher ups from me, I'd appreciate it.

That comes to mind...

Last edited by a moderator:
The only action they had to resolve the issue quickly for someone that would only be happy with something being done quickly was to cancel the order.

No—that's wrong.

If they were able to explain why things were late, and why they've bumped the date by three months AT LEAST four times in the past, and didn't say passive-aggressively stupid things like "I will pass your comments along to the higher-ups" and "Is there anything else I can help you with today?" then I certainly wouldn't stay furious at them. I'd be merely angry, but I'd be willing to be a lot more patient.

The way Anovos does business looks exactly like a scam from the outside.

Thank you. If you'd also pass on a swift kick in the ass to the higher ups from me, I'd appreciate it.

That comes to mind...

Heh. I was looking forward to being able to giggle at somebody quoting this...!

Last edited by a moderator:
No—that's wrong.

If they were able to explain why things were late, and why they've bumped the date by three months AT LEAST four times in the past, and didn't say passive-aggressively stupid things like "I will pass your comments along to the higher-ups" and "Is there anything else I can help you with today?" then I certainly wouldn't stay furious at them. I'd be merely angry, but I'd be willing to be a lot more patient.

The way Anovos does business looks exactly like a scam from the outside.
Not sure what was meant by "passive-aggressively stupid things," but this is pretty much standard operating procedure for any and all customer service people. Pretty standard.

Also, I've never heard of any scam where products are eventually delivered (yes with delays, sure), and refunds are given when asked for. Nevermind the previously mentioned idea that a company would have some sort of "scheme" to "trick" or "force" its customers to get refunds on products. Literally giving people all of their money back seems like a terrible way of running any sort of scam.

At this point this thread should just be locked. It really serves no purpose. We already have a 100+ page thread discussing Anovos (both good and bad), so I don't see what it to be gained by having this one as well.

Agreed. This guy is just not going to let up.

I will say this, welcome to the hobby. If you can't handle THIS, then you'll have a hard time enjoying this hobby. Not saying it's right, just saying that this has been the case in the decades the hobby has existed.

Also, I've never heard of any scam where products are eventually delivered (yes with delays, sure), and refunds are given when asked for. Nevermind the previously mentioned idea that a company would have some sort of "scheme" to "trick" or "force" its customers to get refunds on products. Literally giving people all of their money back seems like a terrible way of running any sort of scam.

I would like to have access to an interest-free loan of indefinite length. Would you please give me some money? If you don't see a scam in what Anovos is doing, then you're well-positioned for the amazing opportunity I'm about to offer you!

I have no intention at all of providing you with anything tangible, but I will use your money, gained through a loss-leader, to drum up some interest and to fund another project that I will actually complete (for other suckers), now that I've figured out just how badly I'd have been penalized if I fulfilled the commitment to that loss-leader pricing! I'll do my best to hold on to your money for as long as I can, by delaying the fictional product you've bought into. If you complain publicly, I'll direct you to our private "customer service" system, where I'll "listen" to your complaint, before delaying the product again. If you complain publicly some more, I'll give your original money back—since now I don't need it anymore, and I wasn't ever planning to give you anything, anyway. Thanks for being a better source of funding than a bank, at absolutely no cost to me!

- - - Updated - - -

At this point this thread should just be locked. It really serves no purpose. We already have a 100+ page thread discussing Anovos (both good and bad), so I don't see what it to be gained by having this one as well.

You *could* just not engage at all, and let the thread die a natural death.

But sure, lock away.

Says the Troll with 4 posts! :rolleyes

Thanks for further illustrating that you have absolutely no clue as to what you are talking about!! :lol
Lol whatever man think what you want all i was doing was agreeing with the yet another poor soul whohasbeen ripped off by anovos and offering my low opinion of them as condolences , you dont need to take it straight to theheart just because youve maybe had one of the very few good experiences woth anovos that exist, trolling would require me to be looking to upset people with what im saying if anything you are trolling me with your insults i find this incredibly disrespectfull of yu appollo at least rnbuda took a moment to explain why he disagrees with me , you are simply spewing nonsese comments about me out, goodbye i have only 4 posts here, that does not meen im unexperienced i jist usually keep things to myself because things like this happen if i dare share

I take the point of those saying you catch more flies with honey, etc. But that argument loses its luster if one has been waiting a year or two for an issue to be resolved. I consider myself a fairly calm, reasonable person but I've had very protracted issues with companies before and the onus is on them to fix the situation, and after good while, frustration nd anger are justified. And the complaint that after all this time having his order was canceled without his consent amounts to an 18 month interest-free loan is also on point. The behavior of the company if far worse and shouldn't be given a pass in circumstances like this.

I recommend taking your complaints to Disney.

There you go again. :rolleyes

I have no problems with some one posting an opinion, but when you post that "Anovos is garbage", and "another poor soul whohasbeen ripped off"', now you are hysterically posting nonsense. :lol

No one has been ripped off

Your spelliing and run on words might shine a little light on the foolishness of your diatribes so let me give you a little advice.

I would be very careful what you post online as some Vendors here do not tolerate libel :unsure

Last edited:
Have to agree with those suggesting just letting this thread die at this point. Everyone has opinions, etc. Nothing meaningful will be accomplished here. "Move along, move along," as they say. Or: "Let the dead stay dead."

I'll hold any more comments for the sequel thread: "McDonalds just spit in my cheeseburger!"

I take the point of those saying you catch more flies with honey, etc. But that argument loses its luster if one has been waiting a year or two for an issue to be resolved. I consider myself a fairly calm, reasonable person but I've had very protracted issues with companies before and the onus is on them to fix the situation, and after good while, frustration nd anger are justified. And the complaint that after all this time having his order was canceled without his consent amounts to an 18 month interest-free loan is also on point. The behavior of the company if far worse and shouldn't be given a pass in circumstances like this.

I recommend taking your complaints to Disney.

If it was going on 2 years and I was upset about it being delayed again, I wouldn't wait anymore either. I would calmly ask for the refund that they have offered since day one, take my money, and buy something else. There's no sense in getting nasty with a customer service peon who has no control of when your stuff is going to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back