ANOVOS just canceled my order!

@propmaniac Complaining to the BBB won't help, I believe, because Anovos currently carries an "F" rating. Directly from BBB (https://www.bbb.org/wisconsin/busin...s-in-kenosha-wi-1000018801/Alerts-and-Actions);

Pattern of Complaint On January 27th, 2016, the BBB sent a certified letter to ANOVOS Productions due to a pattern of consumer concerns received by BBB from consumers. In the complaints, consumers advised that they had not received their orders.
On March 14th, 2016 the BBB sent a certified follow up letter to the company after receiving no response to the initial letter.
As of March 28th, 2016 the BBB has not received a response or phone call to the pattern of complaints.

Best way to handle such bs like BBB ist to ignore it.

If all you're looking for is a decent TK lid, there's plenty of folks around here that offer runs of very accurate helmets, even at a cheaper price, and eBay at Etsy is littered with kits that are super easy to assemble, you just have to be wary that you're not purchasing from a recaster as that's generally looked down upon.
Or Hasbros R1 Black Series helmet is pretty great with a nice price tag, and not hard to modify. Usually kits are cheaper than purchasing finished items and half the fun and pride comes in finishing them yourself.

march of 2017 will be the two year anniversary of when I ordered my stormtrooper helmet kit and still have not received it. Every time I contact them, through their bs customer service text, because you cant call them direct, they tell me its shipping next quarter. 4th time. tried to get my money back but don't have cc that I used to buy it so they cant refund my money. I hate that company. there worse than shady prop guys in my opinion. glad you all had great experiences but I will never buy from them.

GotMaul was getting so irritated with my posts of their crappy practices, he tried to bribe me to cancel my order (said he would give me a free droid caller). :lol

It's going on three years now and they have yet to complete mine and everyone else's order of the Solo rig. They still owe us our belt tools. :facepalm

I don't understand why after reading all these complaints I still see people saying "Can't wait to buy ___ from Anovos!!!". Star Wars props are cool to have but there are other ways to get a helmet where your money isn't going to be floating in orbit for years before they decide to get around to shipping it to you.
As long as people keep giving money to companies like Anovos and setting themselves up to be a victim; they're sending the message that shotty customer service and 2+ year wait times are ok. When the reality is it's not.

Unfortunately, I'm unaware of any licensed prop replica companies that are more timely in delivering their products than Anovos. And most of the fan-made sellers I've dealt with have also either had poor communication, long wait times, or both.

That doesn't make it ok, it makes it frustration everywhere you turn. It's one of the biggest reasons (aside from space, to a lesser degree) why I feel like I'm almost done with acquiring new stuff.

I feel to be fair, you should post what you said on their FB page along with any other correspondence. So far all we have is your side of the story. What if you were being abusive to their employees or making other inappropriate statements toward them? For all we know, you may have very well earned this treatment.

I went back to do exactly this, and it looks like I can't! I think Anovos has erased all my posts!

There was this exchange on FB, about a Rogue One shoretrooper helmet:
<some dude> Hey that's nice. When did you order that?<some other dude> December 16th
<some dude> Awesome
<me> What year? (<-- that got a few Likes....)

And back on December 1 I posted to my own wall:
"Geez, has Anovos ever shipped a damn thing? I'd recommend not ordering anything from them, ever. I ordered a Stormtrooper helmet in May 2015 that's been pushed back AGAIN, and is not shipping until Q1 2017. AVOID."

You'll note that was before they pushed the helmet back AGAIN, to Q2 2017....

So, no, although I can't prove it ("Thanks, Anovos!") I wasn't being abusive to their employees.

What's "other inappropriate statements"? Does "you are a terrible business" count? How about "this is very shady—borderline fraudulent"? Because I've written those kinds of things on multiple occasions. Or are those (true!) statements too close to home for their terrible, shady FB advertising feed?

Aha! I found the copy (that I saved to Evernote) of the live chat conversation I had with Anovos' Customer "Support" chat thingy:

I've been encouraged to use Live Chat Support to ask where the classic stormtrooper helmet I ordered in May, 2015, is. So, where is it? It pisses me off mightily that you clearly ship helmets with more expensive ensembles, and you continue to introduce new products, but somehow I'm supposed to be patient as you continue to delay, and delay, and delay, and delay, and delay, and delay (I think that's about as many delays as you've laid on me)?

That item has a Q2 2017 estimated release window at this time. Customers could receive this item anytime between APRIL-JUNE in reference to the current release calendar. Unfortunately we do not have solid dates on when items will ship, only the quarterly estimates. In reference to the the new products shipping faster; with those items we implemented a new way of creating and shipping so we can decrease the wait time. We are looking to do more of this in the future. As for the constant delays, we completely understand the frustration with this and are grateful for your patience as we get everything ready to send these out!

Well, that's been a thorough waste of my time today! Maybe you turkeys should spend more time fulfilling existing orders than you clearly do taking new orders for non-existent products. This is one step away from outright fraud, and is one of the worst customer experiences I've ever had, anywhere.

I am sorry to hear this. We are working towards improving our company as a whole. Thank you for the feedback you have provide. If you would like to cancel your order at anytime we can assist you with this.

No, I don't want to cancel! I'm quite sure that's exactly what you want! I'm pretty sure you priced this item too low, and now you are trying to wait out all your early supporters, or hope we take you up on your offer to weasel out of the sales contract we have. You clearly make these things successfully, because they ship with other more expensive kits; therefore its disingenuous for you to suggest you're working hard on this, or are actually sorry for what you're doing. (Sorry to hear I don't like you, sure; sorry your business practices are so terrible, no.)

Sir, that is not what I or anyone here at ANOVOS would like, at all. We appreciate every customer that shops with us and are very grateful. I understand the frustration with the delays in the item you have purchased. With each item we sell; each is subject to change in regards to shipping estimates. This can range from QC issues, to awaiting stock, or even the approval process itself. We are working extremely hard to get these amazing items out to our fellow Star Wars fans. I will most certainly pass on your frustrations to the higher ups.

Thank you. If you'd also pass on a swift kick in the ass to the higher ups from me, I'd appreciate it.

It would be one thing if Anovos didn't have any stormtrooper helmets ever, but they seem to ship with armor orders, so there's clearly been a conscious decision to freeze out those of us who ordered helmets only, way back when.

The helmets that ship with the kits and ensembles are combined with those items. We do have all orders for the helmets themselves all ready in our system. We are just awaiting for that stock to come in

They are two separate products

Is there anything else I can help you with today, <name>?

"Else"? You didn't really help me with anything, period.

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH, I'm sure they keep getting people who only want one thing, the product. Seeing as they can't deliver the product, they have two choices: Field endless demands or do what the unhappy people are unwilling to do(cancel the order).

I understand the frustration. I've waited well over two years for merchandise from supposedly reputable sellers on here. Anovos really does need to get their CS game on track. Besides that, you know what you're getting. Long wait times, bad CS, but great products. If you don't go in prepared for the latter two, then don't order.

The delays suck, but they've been delievering.

Reading what you wrote in response to their chat is very unprofessional and honestly I wouldn't want to sell you anything. Since we don't have the original Facebook post, I can see why they'd want to give you your money back and walk away.

The people on the other end of those chats don't get paid much, trying their best, and really have no responsibility on what's getting shipped.

Just my 2 cents on being nice to customer service reps...

Certainly they have a long way to go with customer relations, but it does indeed appear that they've been working on getting things to customers more quickly and efficiently. Hopefully they really take care of their past mistakes.

Reading what you wrote in response to their chat is very unprofessional and honestly I wouldn't want to sell you anything. Since we don't have the original Facebook post, I can see why they'd want to give you your money back and walk away.

The people on the other end of those chats don't get paid much, trying their best, and really have no responsibility on what's getting shipped.

Well, of course I completely disagree. Where do you see anything "unprofessional" in what I wrote?

You'll also note I didn't harass "the people on the other end of those chats." I'm aware it's possible they don't get paid much, and are trying their best. But if their best isn't good enough (because the company doesn't support them), then it's my duty as a customer to say so. The chat log SHOULD easily register that I'm angry at Anovos—otherwise it gets filed as "hey, I guess we're doing OK!" And if Anovos can't take such mild criticism after NEARLY TWO YEARS of not delivering a single thing (other than mealy-mouthed "thank you for your patience"-es), then they shouldn't be in business, PERIOD.

Whether or not you would want to sell me anything, based on the chat log, is irrelevant: Anovos DID sell me something. And then proceeded to not deliver it for NEARLY TWO YEARS. Would the same chat log exist if they had delivered the product within, say, the first year or so? No, it would not.

And of course I can see why they'd want to refund my money and walk away: IT'S CLEARLY THEIR STRATEGY. But they should not be allowed to walk away from a contract just because NEARLY TWO YEARS in I hurt their snowflake-like feelings on social media!

Some other poster above said that somehow if I place an order with Anovos, I should have known it was going to take some inordinate amount of time for them to fulfill. Well, that's stupid. Or, if you don't think so, then the counter-argument would be that Anovos should have known two years ago that I'd get snarky on social media, and not have sold me anything.

But they DID, and I don't think it's unreasonable of me to want them to hold up their end of the contract, regardless of how much of a jerk I am to them subsequently.

- - - Updated - - -

Certainly they have a long way to go with customer relations, but it does indeed appear that they've been working on getting things to customers more quickly and efficiently. Hopefully they really take care of their past mistakes.

I guess one strategy would be to cancel orders out from under customers who haven't received any product, and who have no reasonable hope of receiving product any time soon?

Where is the guaranteed delivery date in this "contract"? The website typically says things like minimum wait time, estimated release, etc. I don't remember ever seeing a firm or guaranteed date for the OT stormtrooper products.

I have an OT stormtrooper helmet kit and Shadowtrooper helmet kit on order. If they receive too few to fill all full suit orders and helmet orders, they need to make choices on which orders to fill and which will wait. It appears they chose to use all of the helmets for full kits. The rest need to wait until the next batch is produced.

If the next batch is scheduled to be produced and shipped from China on certain dates, complaining over and over won't cause the dates to move up. This is very different than some guy that can just go to his garage and make more whenever he wants.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Let's see, unprofessional would be calling the person helping you a turkey and then telling them to kick their boss in the ass for you. I understand that you're upset, and it sucks to spend money and not receive your product for a long time, but you honestly sound a bit self centered. It's a lot of me, me, me, and I want.

Be upset all you want at ANOVOS, but you were being kind of a dick to that person in chat who has to type stuff like "I'm sorry" when they'd probably rather write, "don't shoot the messenger, a-hole."

I don't understand why after reading all these complaints I still see people saying "Can't wait to buy ___ from Anovos!!!". Star Wars props are cool to have but there are other ways to get a helmet where your money isn't going to be floating in orbit for years before they decide to get around to shipping it to you.
As long as people keep giving money to companies like Anovos and setting themselves up to be a victim; they're sending the message that shotty customer service and 2+ year wait times are ok. When the reality is it's not.

All three of the things I've ordered were delivered relatively close to when they were supposed to: standard FO Stormtrooper helmet, standalone standard OT Stormtrooper helmet, and the droidcaller. Also, they've been kicking out products left and right lately.

And as already stated, RS will take a long time with no communication, eFX will take a really really really long time with no communication....Anovos at the very least has people responding to questions fairly quickly.

To the OP: I have no idea why the OT helmet kits are taking so long, and I understand the frustration, but, yeah, calling the person helping you a turkey, telling them to kick their manager in the ass, and "else? You didn't really help me with anything, period." .....kiiinnndddaaa rude.

The delays suck, but they've been delievering.

since when was it the responsibility of the customer to behave "professionally"?
those working for a company should be trained to do so and would be required to hone their people skills before engaging the public. i am a labourer and lack people skills. therefore i wouldnt expect a company to hire me in a customer interfacing capacity .i do have money to spend though. that qualifies me to be a customer.manners are expected from all parties, professionalism only from the "professional".manners can sometimes dwindle when u are constantly given the "runaround" from someone that has your money. professionalism should never dwindle if you want good customer feedback.

Complaining will not move up the production dates, ship dates, processing through customs, etc for products that have already been put into the process. The only action they had to resolve the issue quickly for someone that would only be happy with something being done quickly was to cancel the order.

Yes, people should be professional and respectful when expressing complaints. The people you are complaining to most likely have no control over what you are complaining about. Maybe they are authorized to offer some kind of incentive like TV provider customer service does.

Complaining can cause changes for future products. The products offered since TFA have been delivered much more timely. Anovos deserves credit for that. The pricing of the new products reflect this new approach. The older products do not, so they will not be delivered in the same time frame as the newer products.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I can't speak for Anovos, but at many of the companies I've worked for in the past if we had a really upset customer similar to your situation, who was vocal about how horrible of an experience you've having with our company, and being verbally rude to our team members, we did the same thing.

If we couldn't 'meet your needs' we didn't take any money or refunded your money, wished you well, and showed you out the door.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back