Scratchbuilt Studio Scale Snowspeeder WIP

What colour orange/red did you use for the markings?

Hey guys just wanted to give an update on the model. The hull is complete and assembled. I just finished detailing the blasters and attached them. I just have to finish the cockpit and harpoon gun. I really tried to make the pics better and hope you agree. Your opinions are welcome.
View attachment 707910View attachment 707911View attachment 707912View attachment 707913View attachment 707914View attachment 707915View attachment 707916View attachment 707917View attachment 707918View attachment 707919View attachment 707921View attachment 707922View attachment 707924View attachment 707925View attachment 707926
Thanks again guys.

Junk Pilot, I used Floquil S/P daylight red which is what I believe ILM used though it maybe difficult to find now. Regardless of what color you use, just about any red/orange will work, it does require some overlays of lighter and darker tones to get the necessary weathered appearance. Hope that helps.

the only thing that jumps out is the forward cockpit window as its a focal point. But everything else is great. Easy fix if you want.

Hi Lear60man, can you elaborate? I am unsure of what it is that you are trying to point out.

I take back my earlier comment as I didnt look at the side by side comparison pics in large format. At first glance, the opening for the front cockpit window appears too large when compared to the filming model. But when I blew up the pics, the filming model has a finished cockpit interior filling up the space. Now that you finished the cockpit, it matches perfectly.........

Home run man, really nice work.

BTW, if you want to take really nice pictures pick up a Samsung higher end smart phone. There is a lot of tech built in that adjusts everything on the fly and its 'time to focus' is almost zero. Hell, I would even buy a Galaxy S7 Edge that has a cracked screen for $100 on Ebay. Slap in a $30 256SD card and you have an amazing camera that can send your pics via wifi.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I know it's been awhile but I just wanted to give an update on the speeder, it is finished but I do have to do some minor assembly like glue on the canopy. Here are some pics of the finished cockpit and some beauty shots of the complete speeder. O course I am still thinking about how I want to display it. I am thinking a nice black polished acrylic base but I know some of you prefer the basic woodblock base. Any thoughts?
View attachment 738680View attachment 738681View attachment 738682View attachment 738683View attachment 738684

While I was building the first speeder I thought it would be a good idea to build this:
View attachment 738687View attachment 738688View attachment 738689View attachment 738690View attachment 738692
You know you can't have one without the other. Let me know what you think.

Hi guys, just wanted to share the finished gray speeder with everyone. I just have to build some bases for both my speeders. Also, sorry about all the pics in my thread. I was messing around with my account settings and deleted them all by mistake. Anyway, any comments or criticisms are welcome.
01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg08.jpg09.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg19.jpg

Beautiful work!. Criticisms??...nope, not here!.
My favorite speeder & you have done it proud.

Stu

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back