Studio Scale Bird of Prey

NakedBrain

Hey All,

Been working on this for the past couple of months. Making progress, and the goal is to have it finished for Starfest in Denver at the end of April. Definitely a challenging kit, as I have never drilled and tapped metal before, but it was not a huge deal – I learned how to do something new! The aluminum armature on this weighs a TON, but should more than adequately support the finished model.

Still waiting on some bits; brass tubing, the laser-cut radiator (?) fins, Plastruct beams for the wings. Having a ball painting, as it's just so BIG!

Updates to follow.

IMG_4216.JPGIMG_4413.JPGIMG_4221.JPGIMG_4222.JPGIMG_4240.JPGIMG_4244.JPGIMG_4270.JPGIMG_4400.JPGIMG_4399.JPGIMG_4398.JPGIMG_4401.JPGIMG_4410.JPGIMG_4404.JPGIMG_4412.JPGIMG_4411.JPG

Beautiful! I remember seeing the studio model on display at the Monterey Bay Aquarium in the 80s and was blown away by the size and detailing.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back