molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints

lovecraft

That is amazing. To think you can get that finish from a paint marker is just incredible. I wonder how it would look on larger surfaces.
For those people into vehicle models with chrome parts that are cut from spruces, I'm sure this is a godsend.

TazMan2000

This is incredible! Would love to see a gold version of this! Was a huge pain in the ass trying to sort out a reflective surface for the Rufio sword I made.

IMG_7096.JPGIMG_7097.JPG

So I picked them up and decided to try them out on a Star-Lord I am painting. On larger areas, close up the "brush strokes" of the marker are pretty clearly visible. I almost wonder if opening the marker and transferring the ink to a wider chiseled tip marker would be better? I was using the biggest one they sell, the 4 MM.

For small details that you can get in one stroke, such as the tubes here and weathering? It is absolutely amazing.
It won't replace Alumaluster for chrome on larger areas but specifically for battle damaging? It's PERFECT. Even though the strokes are visible close up, from a distance the chrome look is actually quite amazing.

I'll have better HD photos soon when my camera is charged up.

looks good!! can you do a spoon test and take close up shots as well??? thank you!!! : D
So I picked them up and decided to try them out on a Star-Lord I am painting. On larger areas, close up the "brush strokes" of the marker are pretty clearly visible. I almost wonder if opening the marker and transferring the ink to a wider chiseled tip marker would be better? I was using the biggest one they sell, the 4 MM.

For small details that you can get in one stroke, such as the tubes here and weathering? It is absolutely amazing.
It won't replace Alumaluster for chrome on larger areas but specifically for battle damaging? It's PERFECT. Even though the strokes are visible close up, from a distance the chrome look is actually quite amazing.

Would it be an option to use the paint with an airbrush? They offer the Molotov liquid chrome as refill sticks as well!!!

View attachment 702732View attachment 702733

That's odd, my 1mm doesn't leave any visible strokes :confused

I have one of the 1mm's that should be here soon and I'll definitely test that out as well.

It seems like the wider rounded tip is depositing the chrome unevenly on the edges of the stroke. I tried just about everything to get nice and even finish, but keep in mind this is a much larger flat area. It seems to perform very well as I said for smaller weathering, and additionally on curved surfaces. It could just totally be me sucking with it too, I'll keep playing with it and figure something out eventually. ;)

That's odd, my 1mm doesn't leave any visible strokes :confused

- - - Updated - - -

Would it be an option to use the paint with an airbrush? They offer the Molotov liquid chrome as refill sticks as well!!!

I haven't been able to find the refil for sale in America.

Last edited:
Did a quick test of this paint on the first thing I grabbed - a superglue cap. Keep in mind this is with zero surface prep so there's a bit of roughness from the cap, but overall it is VERY impressive:

32591389676_02a9afbed8.jpg

Definitely the most realistic metal/chrome look of any paint I've used so far.

After drying overnight, the paint does dull a bit if you rub it with a finger, but wasn't affected by buffing with a cloth. Will try a clear coat later.

After drying overnight, the paint does dull a bit if you rub it with a finger, but wasn't affected by buffing with a cloth. Will try a clear coat later.

I'd be interested to see how you get on with the clear coat as that tends to kill most half decent chrome effect paints out there so fingers crossed for you :thumbsup

Did a quick test of this paint on the first thing I grabbed - a superglue cap. Keep in mind this is with zero surface prep so there's a bit of roughness from the cap, but overall it is VERY impressive:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/562/32591389676_02a9afbed8.jpg

Definitely the most realistic metal/chrome look of any paint I've used so far.

Nice job.

What size nib was on your pen in the test?

Just ordered the 2mm, hope someone can try this though an airbrish. All my stuff is in storage so can try it myself.

Last edited:
View attachment 702732View attachment 702733

Not seen Alumaluster before, how good is it? Durable? can you clear coat it?

E williams

Were the pen strokes quite evident in the final finish?

It looks like it has good coverage.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back