Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Subscribe
    From
    Orange, CA
    Jul 3, 2017, 11:37 PM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #126

That gold came out really nice. I would also love to know the brands and ratios for the ink and clear.
    Jul 4, 2017, 12:01 AM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #127

The brand is Ranger inks. They are sold in three-packs at Hobby Lobby, Joann (here's the product page at Joann.com so you can see what they look like). The color I used in the sample was "Honeycomb" sold in the three pack called "Conservatory" (with "Botanical" green and "Poppyfield" red). I used about 10 drops from a pipet of the clear, and maybe 3 of the Honeycomb color.
    Jul 4, 2017, 12:21 AM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #128

One more shot here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	269.7 KB 
ID:	740979
    On the left is with clear/sunshine yellow mix, and on the right is a clear/sunset orange/terra cotta/ginger mix. Makes a nice copper.
  4. RPF Premium Member razorsharp192's Avatar
    From
    UK
    Jul 4, 2017, 1:38 PM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #129

Zlurpo said: View Post
    One more shot here.

On the left is with clear/sunshine yellow mix, and on the right is a clear/sunset orange/terra cotta/ginger mix. Makes a nice copper.
    looks really good, is there 2 different yellow inks? as you've mentioned "honeycomb" and "sunshine" yellow? which gave the better gold chrome effect? I'm thinking c3po repainting might be in order....
  5. I pee excellence. RPF Premium Member Win7ermute's Avatar
    From
    Western Canada
    Jul 4, 2017, 3:30 PM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #130

Anything specific you'd like me to try?
    Did you try blow drying and then clear? Would love to see how this holds up with some handling.
  6. RPF Premium Member parfaitelumiere's Avatar
    Jul 4, 2017, 4:09 PM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #131

is it possible to get a chrome and chrome clear coat together?
    Jul 4, 2017, 4:14 PM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #132

Win7ermute said: View Post
    Did you try blow drying and then clear? Would love to see how this holds up with some handling.
    I haven't, I will try. The ones I've clear coated handle very well. They don't take finger prints, and they can wipe off without damaging the chrome.

parfaitelumiere said: View Post
    is it possible to get a chrome and chrome clear coat together?
    I have a shot of clear over chrome in the post with a lot of pics. Unless you mean mixing them, but they don't mix.
  8. RPF Premium Member parfaitelumiere's Avatar
    Jul 5, 2017, 4:17 AM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #133

Yes I was meaning on same shot, even the best, trying on same spoon, half-half, I will try to buy one chrome pen, and make painting on kylo bucket.
  9. The Occupant RPF Premium Member Jintosh's Avatar
    From
    Salinas, CA
    Jul 5, 2017, 11:55 AM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #134

I just went back and read, you somehow opened the Molotow pen and got the ink out for your airbrush ?
    Jul 5, 2017, 2:18 PM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #135

Jintosh said: View Post
    I just went back and read, you somehow opened the Molotow pen and got the ink out for your airbrush ?
    I bought a refill bottle, it just has a drip/squirt tip on it. Just unscrew the lid and fill the airbrush.
  11. RPF Premium Member
    Jul 5, 2017, 10:28 PM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #136

friggin awesome results!! thanks for sharing!!
  12. I pee excellence. RPF Premium Member Win7ermute's Avatar
    From
    Western Canada
    Jul 5, 2017, 10:35 PM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #137

Jintosh said: View Post

If you go back further you'll see the marker unscrews and folks have opened them to use with airbrushes.
  13. The Occupant RPF Premium Member Jintosh's Avatar
    From
    Salinas, CA
    Jul 5, 2017, 10:43 PM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #138

Win7ermute said: View Post

If you go back further you'll see the marker unscrews and folks have opened them to use with airbrushes.
    Thanks !
  14. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    The netherlands
    Jul 7, 2017, 7:58 PM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #139

Im thinking of doing my Daft Punk helmets with these colors. Do you think this would work a a large scale ?@Zlurpo
    Jul 7, 2017, 9:00 PM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #140

I think it should, but it will take some practice and a good airbrush. I also think you'll want to plan to paint a whole helmet in one go if you can, it seems to help get a uniform finish. I'd guess one refill pack could do a whole helmet, but I haven't tried it.
  16. Member Since
    Sep 2017
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 13, 2017, 4:00 PM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #141

Hi all, new guy here. Molotow Liquid Chrome is fantastic.I was trying to find out how much heat it will take. I rebuild headlights, and for over 4 years couldn't find any chrome spray that I could do. I tried it in my masters G-44 air brush, and it wont put out enough paint. Art primo painted some train cars using a cheap Harbor Freight air brush. I bought one, and it worked great. You have to put enough on to keep it shiney, any dull parts, will stay dull. Pic of before and after, and I didn't even wipe the test piece off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reflector half done molo.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	758549   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	molotow sprayed-4.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	758548  
  17. Member Since
    Sep 2017
    2 Weeks Ago  Sep 27, 2017, 6:56 AM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #142

One more shot here.

Hi, possible to take a picture of the Alclad paint bottles for these paint jobs? Thanks~
    2 Weeks Ago  Sep 27, 2017, 8:48 AM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #143

puipui said: View Post
    Hi, possible to take a picture of the Alclad paint bottles for these paint jobs? Thanks~
    A photo of the bottle of Klear Kote?
  19. Member Since
    Sep 2017
    2 Weeks Ago  Sep 27, 2017, 6:31 PM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #144

A photo of the bottle of Klear Kote?
    The bottle of Klear Kote, the bottles of Alclad yellow and turquoise paint.
    2 Weeks Ago  Sep 27, 2017, 7:12 PM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #145

puipui said: View Post
    The bottle of Klear Kote, the bottles of Alclad yellow and turquoise paint.
    The Klear Kote is made by Alclad. The coloring is alcohol based ink that I added to the Klear Kote, and it is not made by Alclad, it's made by Ranger.

Here's a pic:

The inks are from Hobby Lobby, Michaels, or Joann. They all sell them. They usually come three in a pack, about $10 per pack, but all of those places always have discount coupons available.

Here's the Hobby Lobby product page for the inks. There's several color choices, and there are more colors that aren't listed on that page. You can see much better what they look like there, because my bottles are old and have other colors of ink spilled on them.
  21. RPF Premium Member
    2 Weeks Ago  Sep 27, 2017, 7:20 PM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #146

thanks for posting. Ive read this entire thread and know you already provided the info...
  22. Member Since
    Sep 2017
    2 Weeks Ago  Sep 27, 2017, 7:23 PM - Re: molotow liquid chrome pens and spray paints #147

The Klear Kote is made by Alclad. The coloring is alcohol based ink that I added to the Klear Kote, and it is not made by Alclad, it's made by Ranger.

Here's a pic:
    https://i.imgur.com/SgrVqh2.jpg

The inks are from Hobby Lobby, Michaels, or Joann. They all sell them. They usually come three in a pack, about $10 per pack, but all of those places always have discount coupons available.

Here's the Hobby Lobby product page for the inks. There's several color choices, and there are more colors that aren't listed on that page. You can see much better what they look like there, because my bottles are old and have other colors of ink spilled on them.
    Thanks for your clarifications and detailed explanations!