Moebius Proteus

Fantastic work so far. Love it! Unfortunately, I've searched the internet for Altoid Pin Drills... Can't find them anywhere! ;)

Absolutely brilliant! Great way to show all the incredible details in this kit. What technique did you use to accomplish this? Any input would be most appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to alter mine so I can access the whole inside by lifting off the main body. See photo for my nervously cut commitment to my model.
View attachment 713577
Absolutely brilliant! Great way to show all the incredible details in this kit. What technique did you use to accomplish this? Any input would be most appreciated.

Hi,
not much to my decision to alter this. It was just a really sharp exacts blade that I repeatedly scored the seams and gently bent the plastic until it separated, much like scoring a styrene sheet. I'll do my best to eliminate any gaps in terms of the separation. That's the compromise — no full access or ugly access seams. I think the model will be more fun to detail knowing I can enjoy it with the top off too.

Carson:
Would love to see pix of the completed build.
I purchased the Aztec Dummy window masks and gaskets and the Paragrafix PE for the boat. Both well worth the xtra cost.
Finished the lighting and most of the interior detailing.

Attachments

• IMG_0169.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_0170.JPG
    IMG_0170.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    887.1 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0172.JPG
    IMG_0172.JPG
    820.5 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    863.6 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0174.JPG
    IMG_0174.JPG
    898.5 KB · Views: 218
I purchased the Aztec Dummy window masks and gaskets and the Paragrafix PE for the boat. Both well worth the xtra cost.
Finished the lighting and most of the interior detailing.

Just now seeing your post. Love the lighting! Maybe on my next Proteus build...

Thank you, Carson.
a couple pix of my finished Proteus.IMG_6741.jpgIMG_6746.jpgIMG_6734.jpgIMG_6739.jpg

Your finished Proteus looks museum quality! Mine looks pretty respectable from 15 ft further back.:cool

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back