Any reference photos to the 5 foot Millennium Falcon, ventral side?

3Dsf

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi folks. Has anyone seen any high-resolution views, preferably face-on, of the underside of the ESB and later Millennium Falcon 5 foot studio model?

Ironically there seem to be excellent photos of the ANH era 5 footer, such as those published in the new Japanese Chronicles book, which document the ventral maintenance bays. But the only high-rez shots I've seen of those bays of the modified ESB Falcon have been taken by fans at exhibitions. This means they're taken at awkward angles, owing to the way the model is jauntily displayed, so a lot of the internal detail simply isn't visible. Or the part locations are hard to figure out.

Thanks!

- nkg

Last edited:
Ventral as in the belly... I have a buch of them but as you said it was very hard to photograph the underside in its glass case already low to the floor. I'm afraid my pics will fall into the ones you described but if you're interested send me an email and I'll try to get you what I have.

frank.wire1@gmail.com

Jedi Dade

Thank you!

I've searched all the five foot Falcon (try saying that ten times fast) photos I can find and there are basically three which show the port ventral (left underside) access hole in any detail. So anything is appreciated. :)

yeah, you're right, sorry, that is the 32"
the 5' is a little more banged up on the starboard side with the 4 black squares on the yellow panel
941fd340908583.5791811a0e675.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to post those links, David3! I'd seen many of them, but some were new, which is cool. :)

Unfortunately they kind of underscore my point - that the 5 foot Falcon is always displayed in a certain way that makes photographing the underside difficult. If only there were published straight-on shots, like the ones of the 32" Falcon!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back