Supreme Leader Snoke sculpt.. for fun

Had a quick hiccup, ordered materials and clayed it up only to realize I didn't have enough Epoxamite! Well, the new stuff has just come in, and the matrix has been started.

If all goes well, I'll finish up the matrix tonight or tomorrow, and pour the silicone shortly after that. Hopefully I'll have a casting out by the end of the week.

Now the question is... who is gonna want one? To do a run, or not to do a run? ;)

I would love one what's the cost and shipping to the uk
I'll have a better idea once I've got one cast. :)

I made the jacket a few days ago, and poured the silicone yesterday afternoon. The last 500 grams were under catalyzed a little on account of Smooth-on never giving you enough B to match the A, and I have a cough straight from hell so I'll give it a few extra days before demoulding. Sometime next week. Not sure when I'll have the time and strength to cast it but hopefully as soon as I've knocked this cold out.

Mold making with a cold sucks. Let's just say my respirator wasn't a pretty sight when I was done. :lol Without a doubt the ugliest mold I've made in years. I'm actually super disappointed in myself.. letting my glassing skills slip. :(

IMG_4282.JPG

First cast has some issues, hopefully next go will be a little better. I'll get around to doing a test paint as soon as I can, still got one hell of a cold I'm dealing with.
I hate to be a downer but I am not happy enough with this to offer it. I may offer a few finished ones down the road so I can fix certain issues, but we'll see. The sculpt and the mold both have issues.

View attachment 726120

First cast has some issues, hopefully next go will be a little better. I'll get around to doing a test paint as soon as I can, still got one hell of a cold I'm dealing with.
I hate to be a downer but I am not happy enough with this to offer it. I may offer a few finished ones down the road so I can fix certain issues, but we'll see. The sculpt and the mold both have issues.
I have been working on the digital version at ILM and I can tell you that this is a very good representation of Snoke. I am surprised how you managed to catch some details not so visible on screen due the odd illumination and the jellyfish like skin.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Wow!! Excuse my while I pick my jaw up from the floor.
Thank you so much for your input. I did recieve a few shots to work from so it wasn't all lit weird. I hope I did it justice.
The paint I hope will really sell it. This will be a test paint up, but the next one I hope to use a translucent resin to recreate that "jellyfish" skin.

Thank you again! :)

I have been working on the digital version at ILM and I can tell you that this is a very good representation of Snoke. I am surprised how you managed to catch some details not so visible on screen due the odd illumination and the jellyfish like skin.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks awesome, what are the issues?

The top of the head has some issues and needs to be sanded smooth and retextured. The sculpt had essentially dried out completely by the time I got to mold it, so there are a few molded in cracks and issues in the casting that need to also be filled and textured.

Just so much work that I am not comfortable selling them unfinished, and don't know when I'll have time to actually finish them.

Wow!! Excuse my while I pick my jaw up from the floor.
Thank you so much for your input. I did recieve a few shots to work from so it wasn't all lit weird. I hope I did it justice.
The paint I hope will really sell it. This will be a test paint up, but the next one I hope to use a translucent resin to recreate that "jellyfish" skin.

Thank you again! :)

- - - Updated - - -

The top of the head has some issues and needs to be sanded smooth and retextured. The sculpt had essentially dried out completely by the time I got to mold it, so there are a few molded in cracks and issues in the casting that need to also be filled and textured.

Just so much work that I am not comfortable selling them unfinished, and don't know when I'll have time to actually finish them.
You could recast the improved one ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I had briefly considered it, but the time, budget, and desire factors just don't add up.
Perhaps when the next movie is out I'll have better reference and sculpt a new one even better.
Then you might need to do a whole new sculpt since his face is been slightly changed

Btw I would like to buy one to place it in the London hub if you're willing to go sell it

Last edited:
I would also love to buy one of your first casts as P3laton3 says the finer details are not as noticeable on screen and you have an actual life version, TFA version, when the last Jedi opens on our screens you could do TLJ version
I'm blown away with your work

THAT is one awesome sculpt!

On a different note, I know Andy Serkis was the CGI puppet for Snoke, but I reckon Bill Nighy would be a dead ringer for him if ever a live action version was needed. :)

nighy.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back