Titanfall 2 pilot- Tai Lastimosa

Rec0n

Greetings,
Planning on building my first cosplay for a couple of comic cons this year, and with the TF vanguard helmet release the choice was pretty easy. Even though he only lived for a short while in the game I choose lastimosa because cooper's red flight suit screams shot me, and I prefer the green camo which I plan once I figure out how to dye alittle darker for a gritty look.

Main problem to get the ball rolling is figuring out what to use for the chest, shoulder/knee pads, and Mainly thigh gear (cause I want to get the look right). A youtuber names "cosplay reese" has already completed a cooper build and I've already messaged her. Waiting. I have to look through my files but I believe I have a pep. file from TF1 jet booster which I'll use until I come across a new one.

Would appreciate and help or suggestions. Hope I placed this topics in the right place.

Attachments

• IMG_0280.PNG
    IMG_0280.PNG
    410.6 KB · Views: 1,123
Do anyone have any suggestions for the legs and knees? I'm looked up leg holsters/ armor and can't find anything that wraps all the way around.
IMG_0313.JPG

Actual military equipment won't generally look like that and won't go around the leg, from what I've seen, as it would potentially impede your ability to run. Even more so, military equipment is stupid expensive. Truth be told, that looks like something you'd want to break out EVA foam for, and sew or glue some nylon webbing overtop.

Edit: Best I can find is reference to ballistic chaps, but I'll be damned if I know where you get those.

Last edited:
Do anyone have any suggestions for the legs and knees? I'm looked up leg holsters/ armor and can't find anything that wraps all the way around.
To me, that looks more like an anti-G suit fighter pilots wear. They inflate as a pilot goes into a fast turn to try and restrict blood flow to the lower extremities and prevent the pilot from passing out from lack of blood/oxygen to the brain. (Well...that and flexing stomach and leg muscles as well)

gsuitfront.jpg

Looks like the lower leg portion has been removed for the costume and then beefed up a bit to make it look ballistic as well. If anything, see if you can get the G Suit pattern and then build it up from there to match the photo.

That's a good call and you can find these on eBay for around $60 which is way better than the $100+ for other options. The seams are pretty much in the right place to break down, already has a zipper installed which can be shortened easily and I bet these will dye black fairly well too.

That's a good call and you can find these on eBay for around $60 which is way better than the $100+ for other options. The seams are pretty much in the right place to break down, already has a zipper installed which can be shortened easily and I bet these will dye black fairly well too.
Thanks. Just attach some padding on the outer thighs, then glue a holster and magazine pouch to them and it should work great.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back