See-through Create Eyes?

FuzzyDrawings

Edit: title should read "See-through creature eyes." Dumb autocorrect!

Hello!

I'm sorry if this isn't the correct forum, but figured you make up gurus might have some ideas.

I was wondering if there is a way to create (or buy) large realistic eyes for a latex mask that can be seen through?

For context, I'm building a ninja turtle suit. I'm well aware of the hidden eye-hole method used in the 90s films, but I'm looking at alternative ways as well, since I'm not planning on doing a 1:1 replica.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Yes,
Use clear half domes (found at kit craft), and paint the eyes on the backside, (the inside). you paint in reverse. paint the iris first then paint over everything with white or whatever color you want. the important thing is that before you do anything, put a round piece of tape where the pupil will be. then when you paint, and pull the tape off you will be able to see out of the eye. it will be dark to others, because the inside of the mask is dark, if you need it to look darker, use screen mesh inside to darken it. overall its a great technique, but it is limited vision, if the mouth can be open with a bit of black screen in that as well, it will give you another place to look out of. thats what i got for you, good luck with your build.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back