Lifesize Hercules and Cerebus statue

rileyreplicas

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone! I wanted to post some pics of a statue I did a few months back for a client. It is not a prop replica but I thought you guys might like to see it anyway :) This is actually a muscle man mannequin that I added the details to, the beard, facial details, the lion pelt, base etc. Then I used a taxidermy leopard form, made the heads and here you go :) I hope to one day be able to do this but make a comic book character to have the classical Greek statue look!

Thanks for looking!

2.jpg5.jpg12.jpg14.jpg6.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4752.JPG
    IMG_4752.JPG
    772.3 KB · Views: 221
Hi - Fantastic work, could you elaborate on the process you took, was it cast or did you build up the layers in another material and sculpt straight onto the forms?

Thanks for the kind words! I took the mannequin, adjusted the arms to hold the animal form. The pelt around the waist was roughed in with foam. After that I used a product called freeform air. Its a 2 part putty epoxy. That was used to cover the mannequins seams, build the hair, facial features and beard along with the 3 animal heads and detail the pelt around the waist. No molds needed and it dries rock hard! Hope the info helps!

HOLY PRAXITELES!
Wow! What a fantastic sculpt! Thanks for the info on how you did it. How long did it take? How much does it weigh? Just curious, what is the customer going to use it for? It's certainly not your common, everyday request.

Thanks for the kind words! The piece is only about 60 pounds, I am able to pick it up and move it by myself. The piece was made for a party so a 1 time use only. I am guessing it went in the dump afterwards but I hope someone who was cleaning up after the party decided to take it home and put it in their backyard! LOL

Time wise it took about 2 week to get it done. Since I was using a mannequin the biggest piece was taken care of for me other than the adjusting the arms and blending the seams.

Here is a pic of the mannequin that I used.

:
lg_MN-180.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back