Deagostini Millennium Falcon with Cloud City Landing Pad

So the answer to get the cockpit tube access panel to sit flush with the rest of the tube ended up being so simple I now feel stupid. All I did is attach a couple pieces of styrene on the the inside so they fit tightly with friction. Works perfect!
20170321_200800.jpg20170321_200637.jpg

Kokari, that is the best MF paint job I have seen yet. Kudos to you. I did the 29" toy conversion as a paint mule to test various techniques so I get it right on the Deago.

Again, well done. You captured the original perfectly.

Kokari, that is the best MF paint job I have seen yet. Kudos to you. I did the 29" toy conversion as a paint mule to test various techniques so I get it right on the Deago.

Again, well done. You captured the original perfectly.
Wow! Thank you! Ever since I can remember I dreamed of having the 32 inch Falcon sitting in my house, or at least what looked like it. I love the 5ft Falcon, but it was during Empire that I fell in love with the ship during the asteroid chase. So for me, it was all about the 32 inch. My intent from the beginning was to replicate the paint as the studio model. Some guys on here have done beautiful paint work to make a really incredible "real world" look to their Falcon. I couldn't get away from the original paint work though. Like you, I've been practicing over the years on Hasbro conversions, FM, Bandai, and others. This is a culmination of all that I've learned and practiced. Deagostini truly built something special. I'm glad with a little love and imagination we were able to make it our own and as accurate as we'd like.

Unfortunately, I've haven't had the opportunity to see the 32 inch in person. Only pics. Hopefully the Identities Tour will come to the states or it will eventually find a home in Lucas' museum in LA. I would like to see how close I got.

Last edited:
Outstanding paint job!!!! :cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Outstanding paint job!!!! :cheers

Hey Mike I showed those pics to my friend who isn't big into star wars. He thought it was the real ****ing Falcon!!! Fantastic job sir! How much to make me Platform 327?

Hey Mike I showed those pics to my friend who isn't big into star wars. He thought it was the real ****ing Falcon!!! Fantastic job sir! How much to make me Platform 327?

Greedo, thanks for the kind words. In all honesty I don't think I want to take on the landing pad project ever again. What a pain in the ass! I think I took 10 years off my life with Bondo fumes. I couldn't imagine what it would cost to ship something so big also. I rather be strait up with you instead of agreeing to do it and not having my heart in it.

Greedo, thanks for the kind words. In all honesty I don't think I want to take on the landing pad project ever again. What a pain in the ass! I think I took 10 years off my life with Bondo fumes. I couldn't imagine what it would cost to ship something so big also. I rather be strait up with you instead of agreeing to do it and not having my heart in it.

Any other ideas of things to use instead of bondo? I'd like to give this a try myself, but bondo is not something I've ever used before and I've probably taken enough years off my life already as it is. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any other ideas of things to use instead of bondo? I'd like to give this a try myself, but bondo is not something I've ever used before and I've probably taken enough years off my life already as it is. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never used Bondo before this either. It's not that bad. I made the mistake of not using a mask the first day. I probably shouldn't have done that. I was feeling light headed after a while. The second coat I used a mask and was just fine. I considered using fiberglass, but it actually seemed to be more difficult. Plus with Bondo, you can get a nice masonry look if you don't smooth it down all the way, which I did. I didn't want to sound like it was too difficult, but I would compare it to having a baby for a woman. Right afterwards, you're like no way in hell am I doing that again, but after some time I'm sure it wouldn't seem so bad to do again. You guys can totally do it! I would be happy to answer any questions or outline materials.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back