Deagostini Millennium Falcon with Cloud City Landing Pad

Some bottom shots.
20170316_140423.jpg20170316_140410.jpg20170316_140431.jpg20170316_1400592.jpg

G'day Mike , before you put up your last post LOL!!! , I was gonna ask about photo #3 post #61 , with a ' similar ' name on the grey panel haha!! .Too Cool .
Cheers Ged.

In case anyone is interested in trying to replicate the signatures around the ship there's this. If I could remember where I got it from I would give them credit.
99e450a94f099bc41c95bc1918873f79.jpg
Not sure how they deciphered Charles Bailey out that mess on the dish strut.

I wouldn't say "new" way. I've always used some sort of primer before painting all my models. I chose black on the Falcon because if I use my dremmel to chip away the base layer when making blast marks, the black will show through. ILM used black styrene for their armor plating and it shows through on many of the paint chips when you look close. It is a way of simulating this without using black styrene. Just be careful not to go all the way through both layers of paint when your dremmeling those chips.

Not sure if Steve D. used primer under his base coat. He sure didn't mention it in his videos. I always do to ensure maximum paint adhesion.

Good to know. Thank you!
Did you use Tamiya primer for the black or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks ****ing fantastic, kokkari!!!! I love your landing platform too!! How much to make me one?

The paint job and weathering is superb!

I want that ship.
Thanks guys!

Good to know. Thank you!
Did you use Tamiya primer for the black or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used automobile primer and adhesion promoter. The adhesion promoter was probably an overkill, but I did't want to take any chance of paint pealing off.
20170301_152744.jpg

Don't know if you've decided on whether to fill in the gap around the cockpit tube?

To help you decide, here is my De Agostini part, filled and prepared for weathering, my MR Falcon below it for comparison...
I think it's a no-brainer, looks a lot better without the gap...
IMG_2009.JPGIMG_2010.JPG

Does anyone else have this problem on there Falcon? My removable panel on the cockpit tube doesn't quite want to stay closed all the way at the bottom. Deagostini has magnets at the top, but not the bottom and it won't stay shut. I thought I would install some magnets at the bottom, but there is nothing to adhere them to. So, I was wondering if anyone else fixed this or has any ideas?

Thanks
View attachment 714725

Looking good Ollois! I decided to not close it up. I think I would just regret it if I did. So I'm still working on a way to magnetically hold it down.

Just noticed that De Agostini missed off the notches next to the hull, at the rear of the tube piece
Yea, they missed a lot of those and the panels aren't 100% either in certain places. I trimmed off the plating in the circled area here and on the other side because that's how the studio model is. Not sure why they did it on the bottom and not the top. I also added the missing area of armor plating that was omitted by Deag.
20170320_121846.jpg

Yea, they missed a lot of those and the panels aren't 100% either in certain places. I trimmed off the plating in the circled area here and on the other side because that's how the studio model is. Not sure why they did it on the bottom and not the top. I also added the missing area of armor plating that was omitted by Deag.
View attachment 715660

I see you also cut back the edging by the Starboard Airlock door... nice work!
2017-03-21_09-03-27.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back