Lightsaber Building: Custom Saber Shop vs. Saber Forge modular parts

storyhobbit

Hey guys!

I'm just starting my first lightsaber project using parts purchased from the Custom Saber Shop. But I came across Saber Forge, which also sells modular parts to assemble. I have two questions:

1) Are these parts compatible with each other? Like, could I use a Saber Forge blade holder with a Custom Saber Shop body?

2) Is there a significant difference in quality? The Saber Forge pieces are more expensive than Custom Saber Shop, and they look more complex and detailed, but I've heard that Saber Forge is not as good of machining quality as some of the other options.

Thanks guys!

Not compatible.

Quality-- I don't know.

Customer service-- TCSS may struggle with keeping items in stock, but are a class act, ship quickly, and easy to deal with.

The founder of saberforge has been kicked off multiple prop and lightsaber forums, threatens people who leave bad reviews, and for a time their modular system seemed to be vaporware. That said, many people have been happy their stock sabers and the modular stuff seems to be up and running.

Okay good to know. I really enjoyed my experience buying from TCSS and the quality was top notch. So I have no problem with this. Saberforge looked a bit too flashy and market-y to me anyway.

I usually go with TCSS and sometime mod those to my liking myself. Never purchased from saberforge but as far as compatibility SF will note on the item if it is TCSS compatible. Often their pommels are and sometimes emitters. TCSS customer service is great though as other have said. Nothing against SF since I haven't had a bad experience with em. Their prebuilt non replica stuff looks cool and you can get a basic full hilt cheap as a base and modify that to your liking.

I've read far too many bad reviews to even consider saberforge. TCSS every time. Excellent customer service and quality product.

Based on what I have read and viewed on both companies through YouTube and read on the boards, TCSS will get whatever money I can send them. Limited on what they have "in stock" but still...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back