Another Ding-Dang PKD

Took a little inspirational field trip today. It's been over 100 degrees in LA the past few days, and my AC isn't that great so I had to get out of the apt.

3DwD0gV.jpg

Then I went in to work, cranked up the HVAC, and started working out these grips. This is kind of an experiment, since I'm using the Tomenosuke grip frame, and end cap. At the end of the day I want to have made everything on this blaster, but this is helping me figure out how I'll approach it.

mFSVo2I.jpg

Used transfer screws to get my center punches.

4AsRtQU.jpg

Beautiful, we're done here :-D

mlI1l0z.jpg

Glad I wore my respirator.

Hours of work later with my dremel and sand paper...

0NcsZLg.jpg

GxEWvxd.jpg

Day Two:

bpaZmYR.jpg

wbhahEl.jpg

So. Much. Sanding.

wZHJDfP.jpg

I made a few mistakes here and there, but once I got them all buffed and polished...

ooVDx8m.jpg

TAm9v3n.jpg

iv7gsDe.jpg

0aJq1iA.jpg

A couple places where I gouged the grips, but I think once the checkering is in there, it'll be pretty hard to notice.

WXgIH6C.jpg

Sbbb4Mu.jpg

The right-side grip will need a little more work to allow the cylinder cover to sit where it needs to, so I'll have to take care of that. Also: the checkering. I gotta say, I'm really proud of these. Two full days of sweat, acrylic dust, and coffee.

The aftermath...

ui5ZBy2.jpg

Last edited:
Looks beautiful Victor. A lot of time and dedication are going into this build and it is more than evident in the outcome.

Seeing all the work that's going into this I predict it will be the finest PKD on the planet when it's done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why am I excited looking at your grips:eek? Because those are the most beautiful grips I've ever saw:cool!! That's why!

6e2a358193feb876d1e89bbc115487c8.jpg

c9a34cc9f9d53934c7cd1b457321e0a3.jpg

608263e015397130415dcd5783c49b47.jpg

8576911595cf0529febd49fd47a8c03b.jpg

Still gotta take them to peaks, and lemme tell ya there's one hell of a learning curve to checkering. I made so many mistakes before I finally settled into a groove ;) The acrylic gums up the files really quickly, and then they like to hop around.

It's getting there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back