Terminator: Dark Fate

Re: Terminator 6

Jai was the least of my problems with that film. I actually dug the heck out of all the actors.
The STORY, on the other hand... basically a soft reboot, but the nano-bot thing... never go full retard.
Salvation - I actually saw that in the theater, and I couldn't even describe a single scene from that forgettable mess.

Linda Hamilton Set to Return to 'Terminator' Franchise

tenor.gif

Jai was the least of my problems with that film. I actually dug the heck out of all the actors.
The STORY, on the other hand... basically a soft reboot, but the nano-bot thing... never go full retard.
Salvation - I actually saw that in the theater, and I couldn't even describe a single scene from that forgettable mess.

They should just work within the level of Terminator-tech that we saw in the two Cameron movies.

Other variations can be done on the robots, robot/cyborg hybrids, and use of the liquid-metal principle. But more big jumps in "powers" probably would be pretty costly in terms of audience accepting it.

Even just the Robert Patrick T-1000 is already implausible as hell. If they first introduced that one in a movie today then I don't think it would go over as well. They can get away with it now because the audience accepted it in a well-loved movie 30 years ago.

Each movie tried to out-do the other with various incarnations / techno advancements of the Terminator. For me it just didn't work - that wasn't the story. The story was trying to kill Sara and John Connor to alter the future/present/past, etc.

My fear is that JC is going to go the same direction he went with Aliens (which was a wonderful movie!). Once again, instead of a single good and bad Terminator, we're going to see a whole bunch of baddie Terminators going after a group of heroes until only Sara or John or whoever remain standing. Will it work? I don't know...

Future war! Sebastian Stan as Kyle Reese, John and Sarah fighting side by side! Old man Arnie fighting alongside the human resistance. Those are things I want to see

Since its now official she is returning the "bootleg" Terminator (picking up from T2) we were going to do wont happen. The same bootleg people that did Punisher and Power Rangers.

The short version:

It was to be approx 15 minutes total, Roland Kickinger as the T800 thats sent back to our present time to protect John Connor (Edward Furlong) yet the T800 is no Uncle Bob. With no filter he is free to destroy and kill anyone that stands to interfere with his mission. John has no control over the T800 minus what effects his own safety. John is damaged goods, judgement day never happened, he is drugged out and living homeless alienated by his own past and future he was certain would take place starting 25 years ago. Sticking with whats already existing within all the films as a loose basis, alternate time lines and future technology, shortly after the T800 arrives back in time to 2018 (the present as it would be filmed and released in 2018) another time traveler arrives, bloodied, battered, bruised yet we dont see who is is clearly. After John comes to terms that the T800 is real (after the T800's brutal slaughter of a few thugs for the sole reason to obtain a weapon involving an over turned vehicle pinning the T800 to a parking garage wall) the other time traveler appears taking the weapon from the dead hands of the armed thug, its Sara Connor (Linda Hamilton), she is visibly scared, heavily aged, a crazed look in her eyes. John not accepting she is real as he was told she died of Leukemia near 20 years prior, proceeds to step towards the T800 until Sara cuts herself with a shard of the auto wreckage revealing the bones in her hand. She tells him bits of quick information about the past, the future, where she had been and where she came from. She was abducted by Skynet and transported to the year 2030 in a time jump portal. Skynet knowing there will be no winning side in the war against humanity, knowing it could never stop the final outcome of the war where humans blackened the sky leading to extinction on both sides, came up with the solution, hybrids. The combination of humanity and machine is the only way the future of humanity can survive. She tells him Skynet is a defense system, if there is nothing to defend, there is no reason to exist. If humanity is wiped out, Skynet will have no mission. Nobody will win as humanity will destroy its own world to end the machines. It wasnt until Sara herself had seen the end of the war in 2032, the future present, she realized what Skynet had been telling her for two years in captivity had been true. The end of the world. The only way to stop the outcome of the war against the machines is to stop its greatest proponent from ever seeing judgement day itself happen. The Connor blood line has to be stopped, Sara has been sent back in time, not to save John, but to kill him to save humanity from extinction.

We may even had gotten Robert Patrick to be a motorcycle cop in the opening scene doing a search on John Connor.

maybe this could be a new trend.

Well made new Sequels to original franchises that have had multiple sequels and failed or rubbish reboots. I like the thought of ignoring trash remakes and crap sequels.
They can literally do anything then.

We've got Halloween coming up, now this.

While they are at it, how about A sequel for the original nightmare on elm street with Robert Englund, then maybe a sequel to Knight Rider TV series.

Wow. First Jamie Lee Curtis, now Linda Hamilton. I wonder if Sigourney will be next.

No, Ridley did put a stop to that with the retarded Prometheus 2 garbage. No more Ripley and no more Hicks.

Instead of bringing back Furhlong, I nominate Norman Reedus. He looks like an older grizzled John Conner already.

*Connor

*Genisucks

I don't know what to think honestly. I'm happy they have Linda and that they are ignoring the others but the whole "reinvent for the 21st century" scares me. To me that screams over the top cgi and gimmicks. I really wanted Jim back but the fact he's working on 4 Avatars and wants 3 more Terminators is a worry. Just give us one more good one and I'll be over the moon and consider it Cameron's trilogy.

Ben

continuity < overall thematic quality

Making a few action sequences.
Setting everything in a bleak CGI future.
Thinking up a few ways to justify old Arnie onscreen.

None of these things are interesting by themselves.

This movie depends on whether Cameron can find something to say, somewhere to go, some mood to strike, that belongs in the franchise at all.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back