Terminator: Dark Fate

Based on how movies are, and how so much time has passed since the original terminator, how would you guys make a sequel that returned to its roots, that people would want to see, that hasnt been done before, but it is somewhat familiar? I think thats a tall order considering how much time has gone by, the audience expectations, hollywood climate etc.

They need to stop trying to make an "upgraded" terminator that's better than the last. Get back to the basics. It's MUCH scarier than a nanobot John Connor. Sigh.....

Couldn't agree more. When I saw that film film, I was thinking oh, yeah how Star Treky. He was Borg lite with the nano bots.

Based on how movies are, and how so much time has passed since the original terminator, how would you guys make a sequel that returned to its roots, that people would want to see, that hasnt been done before, but it is somewhat familiar? I think thats a tall order considering how much time has gone by, the audience expectations, hollywood climate etc.

R-rated horror, that bridges T1 and T2. Low budget, dirty, no time travel, James Cameron's future war. Doesn't revolve around John Connor, but the people under him. I personally would love to see Summer Glau reprise her role of Cameron :angel
So no superman-strong Terminators that only throw their victims around :lol

Couldn't agree more. When I saw that film film, I was thinking oh, yeah how Star Treky. He was Borg lite with the nano bots.

Technically the T-1000 made up of nano bots :p

Still take in the majesty of The Terminator every couple of months, I`ll hold on to the belief that above all JC would not entertain the idea of going back with an iffy story to drive it. Unless he has said it in the past, I`m not convinced that without Arnie there would be no Cameron. On the fence with Arnie in future movies, waiting to see what Harrison Ford does in BR2049.

Trying to keep the T1/T2 continuity today is like trying to make Back to the Future #4 now.

They could CGI de-age Michael J. Fox. Do an alternate-timeline story to sidestep the second movie's version of 2015. As long as Robert Zemeckis comes back it'll surely work, won't it? This won't be a forgettable dumpster fire of a sequel, will it?

Terminator needs a total, ground-up, start-over-from-scratch, reboot. If the franchise must be continued then it's the only decent way.

They can redo T3's partial storyline: first models of the machines and Skynet's rise, but no TX and no time travel, just guys fighting a rogue cyborg that infects the entire Cyberdyne system that connects globally and drops the bombs. They can make an alternate 1997 where their company robotics are advanced as if its the year 2017 and have cars that look 20 years from the future. Have one of the main scientists rethink his work and he sketches out a time displacement device as his real gift to mankind to go back and kill him at any point before he joins the company. But, we know what happens with that device and where it turns up. Gritty, hopeless, bloody action with no guardian to save the characters and no way to stop Judgement Day. No leader who inspires them, a real rise of the machines

The only way Arnold would work in a Terminator movie is as a human character who gets captured and DNA sampled.

There shouldn't be any more stories set in the present. That deal was handled in T1 and in part T2. No need to go back there. Don't deal with time travel at all. Just the fight between humans and machines... treat the machines as the over powering foe, but deal with famine, illness, paranoia, sadness, loss and pain as the main drive for the story. And only have the Terminator show up at the end of the war - anything more than a year old is not considered new in war. Would be interesting to see the endoskeletons created to fit specific body types - male and female - of people Skynet has captured, sampled, then recreated as infiltrators and send them out there on the battlefield to hopefully run into people and get taken back to their lair. No more high tech weapons and tech for the humans. No real defenses against the machines, save dogs. And the paranoia of people even get them to mistrust some of those they encounter in the wild and kill them - just in case they were a machine - so many human casualties as well due to fear.

But again... Hollywood doesn't have the balls to make a Terminator movie like that.

Health Ledger isn't the only possible Joker. Connery isn't the only possible Bond. Ford isn't the only possible Han Solo.

Arnold isn't the only possible T-800.

Health Ledger isn't the only possible Joker. Connery isn't the only possible Bond. Ford isn't the only possible Han Solo.

Arnold isn't the only possible T-800.

Of course not. He's only model number 101, which means there are 100 models before him and who knows how many after him.

Whatever happens with Terminator next (if anything) will begin after the 2019 changeover. Any other news to the contrary is BS or outdated.

Last edited:
Re: New Terminator Film

Skynet is making geriatric terminators now, you know, to fill that niche

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-next-terminator-movie-will-be-produced-by-james-cam-1795400586

Speaking to Screen in Cannes, [...] Schwarzenegger confirmed that he will star in a new Terminator film produced by James Cameron.

“It is back,” commented Schwarzenegger, who revealed that he had met Cameron recently and discussed the project. “It is moving forward. He [Cameron] has some good ideas of how to continue with the franchise,” the actor added, “I will be in the movie.”

(oops, sorry Moo - didn't see your post...!)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back