The Toys That Made Us (Netflix)

I watched the Star Wars one and will probably watch more.

I loved the original Falcon wood buck!

I've watched all but the Barbie episode and I can definitely recommend watching eps. 3 & 4, very enjoyable. The show really makes me wish I still had my old Star Wars toys as well as the GI Joes I had back in junior high or high school.

The original wood buck for the old Falcon toy was really cool. They should totally make replicas of it, sand it super smooth and add a nice a varnish and they'd probably sell tons to collectors.

Megos....everything I know about Megos, I learned from reading "Twisted Toyfare Theatre":lol.

Yes, more episodes from maybe smaller lines like MASK, Captain Power, Super Powers, Centurians, Visionaries,Real Ghostbusters, etc. So many different lines that could be done that i believe would fill a 40 min episode.

Listening to some podcasts last night where they interviewed the creator of the show, he stated that Megos might be combined into a "Superheros Toys" show with other lines, like Super Powers toys. He also said that he doesn't think Voltron will be its own show either, and that he might want to combine that with other properties. And they hope more seasons will follow.....

Then he said they hope to launch another series called: THE GAMES THAT MADE US. It will focus on video, board and arcade games. :)

Yeah, I kinda feel like a lot of those toy lines could be combined. The 80s had so many memorable toy lines. Not all were as huge a phenomenon like Star Wars or G.I. Joe.

I watched the Star Wars and the GI Joe one because those were really the only two I could relate to. I certainly never played with Barbie and I think I was either in late high school or college before He-Man came around so I was a little too old for that.

I never played with Barbie and was never much into He-Man either, but those 2 episodes were by far the most entertaining for me. Partly because I knew very little about the story of their creation, but also because it seems like Mattel was a pretty crazy place to work in the 60s and 70s. They could make one hell of a tv show dramatizing all of that.

I never played with Barbie and was never much into He-Man either, but those 2 episodes were by far the most entertaining for me. Partly because I knew very little about the story of their creation, but also because it seems like Mattel was a pretty crazy place to work in the 60s and 70s. They could make one hell of a tv show dramatizing all of that.

I just watched the He-Man episode, and it was fantastic.

I knew who who those characters were, but I was never really big into them...so that one was really interesting.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll probably watch the other two this coming weekend since the other two were so good. Didn't mean to imply that those toys were not worthy, they are just not toys I ever played with.

Really liked the show they did on star wars. I think they could do many other franchises, I would like to see some on Funko, or maybe Jurassic Park.

Really liked the show they did on star wars. I think they could do many other franchises, I would like to see some on Funko, or maybe Jurassic Park.
I believe they are sticking to toys from earlier years. 50's/60's/70's/80's/90's. Funko is probably too new as it was founded in 1998, but did only Big Boy Bobble head type items until they sold it in 2005.

And Jurassic Park really didn't have that many toys in their line to really impact the market. If they are looking to merge Voltron with other properties, I would think that JP toys might get lumped into a show about various items, as well.

The really BIG remaining story missing here is MEGO's action figure lines--they had a huge impact on kids growing up in the 70's and early 80's.

The rise and fall of MEGO would be great story to see told.

Listening to some podcasts last night where they interviewed the creator of the show, he stated that Megos might be combined into a "Superheros Toys" show with other lines, like Super Powers toys.

The really BIG remaining story missing here is MEGO's action figure lines--they had a huge impact on kids growing up in the 70's and early 80's.

The rise and fall of MEGO would be great story to see told.
Sadly... the creator said Mego might not get its own show, but be rolled into a show covering all superhero toy lines.

Just started watching this today. Loved Ep1 and currently on Ep2. Its really well done, but one thing I can't help but notice whenever they are talking to one of the former CEOs of Mattel...

What the hell is that?!?!

https://s9.postimg.org/h7e2mzjdb/What_The_Hell_Is_That.jpg

Hahaha I saw that too. It's some sort of sculpture.The interview is obviously at her place. I figured it's just another rich person who thinks their being arty. Money can't buy taste after all. Funny anyway.

Really enjoying the show anyway.

My wife and I watched all four and really loved it. We both hope they get picked up do more of them. Who knew there was such an interesting story in the making of the toys?

I knew quite a bit about the Star Wars line but I still learned a lot in that episode and it was interesting to learn about each of the different line ups. It's too bad there are only 4 episodes.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back